Respected Contributor

Re: Bachelor Finale Spoilers

@Wsmom wrote:

I have just started watching and not too far into it.  All I can say is I do believe that woman is emotionally unstable.   Or they are paying her off to act that way.  I just know I wouldn't want her as a mother-in-law.  Waaaay too invested in her adult son's life.

ETA:  I've finished the show.  Hannah Ann was great in taking him down.

What the heck that he had to get more closure from Hannah Brown after his engagement???  Let it go!  How many times does she have to say no!

Mom and Madison.  Really, who knows why she was three hours late, what the cause was and what was discussed.  I don't have an issue with her saying "it is what it is".  It is.  Why rehash what happened on tv.  That woman was horribly disrespectful to Madison, purposefully hurtful and just plain nasty.  The way mom acts you would think Madison had a criminal record.  I really believe she is afraid that Peter will become independent with Madison in his life.  Girl has enough backbone for both of them and mama sees him slipping through her fingers and losing control.  

@Wsmom, your post is spot on IMO and particularly the part I bolded. 

I was watching his mom when the camera was on her on the bottom left of the screen and her actions with the eye rolling, etc. were beyond ridiculous and immature.  I'm betting everyone in the family walks on eggshells around her, including her husband.

What really got to me was how Peter (and I'm not a fan of his) was asking them to please give it a chance and her remark about "he'll have to fail first in order to succeed" was downright cruel.  What mother would say that to her son, in particular on national TV?  You couldn't pay me enough to say that to my child. 

She and her husband kept saying that "we don't really know what all happened" because we weren't there.  She may be right, but all I know is what was filmed.  There's always 2 sides to the story.  I'm glad Madison stood up for herself. 

No matter who Peter chooses, she won't get a warm welcome unless "mommy dearest" approves.  He really needs to move out into his own place and get away from being under her thumb.  JMO.

Valued Contributor

Hes a smuck......

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TurnerGal wrote:

Ok -- full disclosure -- did not watch the season (gave up a few years ago) only watched the last two nights.  I saw some spoilers on line (don't know if they are true) that Peter had hooked up with a production staff member.  That would maybe explain some things.  They did not give him a very good edit.  He "let" Madison go, and then felt obligated maybe by the show to pick Hannah,  and she was willing to go a long.  When Hannah said she hadn't seen him in a month after being engaged,  then the show brought back Madison two weeks ago and they saw each other that day and hadn't seen each other in two weeks since then. I know they try to limit their visits, but if he was madly in love with either one of these women he would have been with them.   I think the show tried to bring in drama with the MIL.  I am guessing they will announce their break up in a few weeks and Hannah will be on Dancing with the Stars and or a new Bacholette down the road..............

@TurnerGal - I STRONGLY believe this was done to throw us off! There was a picture of Peter with her and her family on New Year's Eve. She may have been the producer who was assigned to go everywhere with him. Because she is young and pretty, people jumped to conclusions. I think ABC wanted the picture out there, and social media did the rest of the work for them. 

One of the front runners on Jake's season was asked to leave the show because she was "seen" with a producer. The producer was fired. I don't think they take too kindly to interactions between the contestants and the staff - at least those that go on during filming. 

If you read any of my posts, you will see how skeptical I am about how we see these episodes. At one time I did think it was real. Then I read an article by two former contestants (one who was a finalist). I saw how they spin what really happens, and which contestants are hired to play a certain part - like mean girl, the crazy one, etc. It's a show to entertain us and to get ratings. I think a lot of the players are "coached" to react in certain ways. JMHO of course! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't watch this show anymore but did see the last 20 minutes to see what happened.  All I can say is Run Girl Run!!  His mother obviously controls his life and he is a jerk. 

Esteemed Contributor

For anyone interested, Ali Manno blogs about the shows on her site.  She was in the running on a season of The Bachelor and then also a Bachelorette.  She knows what goes on behind scenes, etc.   Yesterday's blog was give Barb a break.  She worded it poorly but is just a concerned mom (gist).  Today not so much.  She is always kind about people and gives them the benefit of the doubt due to age or inexperience.  Again, today not so much.  Also covers the three-hour wait and what that was probably about with production.  Anyway, interesting read.  alimanno.com

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catty2 wrote:

I can't watch this show anymore but did see the last 20 minutes to see what happened.  All I can say is Run Girl Run!!  His mother obviously controls his life and he is a jerk. 

@Catty2 Madi and Peter's mom are going to be oil and water-  it's going to be a no win situaiton for all involved.

It's one thing not seeing eye to eye [for many reasons] at first- but airing dirty laundry on national tv was just wrong! Woman Frustrated The Bachelor meets Jerry Springer!  Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Barbara for a mother-in-law:

RUN AWAY FAST!!!!

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

For anyone interested, Ali Manno blogs about the shows on her site.  She was in the running on a season of The Bachelor and then also a Bachelorette.  She knows what goes on behind scenes, etc.   Yesterday's blog was give Barb a break.  She worded it poorly but is just a concerned mom (gist).  Today not so much.  She is always kind about people and gives them the benefit of the doubt due to age or inexperience.  Again, today not so much.  Also covers the three-hour wait and what that was probably about with production.  Anyway, interesting read.  alimanno.com

@Wsmom, thanks for the link.  I just finished reading her views and couldn't agree more with Ali.  The part she said in Spanish was very telling to her husband.

Whoever he decides to marry, I feel sorry for her.  She would be the MIL from h e l l IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Throughout the season I felt that Madison was always the front runner. 

I feel very bad for what Peter  did to Hannah Ann.   I think the best thing he could of done was not propose at the end.  If anything, tell Hannah Ann that he wants to continue on the "journey" with her and date her and see whether he could get feelings for her as strong as his feelings had been for Madison. 

He never should of proposed to Hanna Ann.

I don't think the relationship with Madison will work.  It's not off to a very good start when the in-laws are so against Madison.

If it does not work out, would they have Peter back again to be the Bachelor......I sure hope not, I've had enough of him!

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch any of the season, but I had to watch last night. Any girl will have a hard time prying Peter away from his mother! Even though Barb is wrong for strongly voicing her opinion and butting in too much in her son's life, Madison was disrespectful to Barb. If anything comes of Peter and Madison's relationship, it's not off to a good start, Peter may always be stuck in the middle between his mother and Madison having to choose sides.