Trusted Contributor

This is a I think 6 short episodes on Netflix.  It is very good and addicting but very difficult to watch.  It's a true story about a comedian being stalked.  It is disturbing and if you get thru the first few episodes I think the third one really made me sick to my stomach.  Parts of it reminded me of Euphoria which was another difficult one but it has stayed with me.  It has 100% at rotten tomatoes but not for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Baby Reindeer on Netflix

I binge watched this show yesterday.  I, too, think it was good but I think the beginning episodes were better than the middle.  It took a dark and graphic turn, in my opinion.  

Still, worth watching.  

Respected Contributor

I watched the last episode this morning. Dark and different. I doubt that many on the forums would enjoy it. It made me think.

Trusted Contributor

Such a great series depicting the effects of trauma on an individual. I found it difficult to watch in spots. Episode 4 was very rough. But it really helped to explain why Donny (and others who have experienced sexual assault) don't act/react the same way someone who hasn't experienced trauma would react.

A true story, written and acted by the victim Richard Gadd, who I think is brave beyond belief.

Watch until the end if you can.

Trusted Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:

Such a great series depicting the effects of trauma on an individual. I found it difficult to watch in spots. Episode 4 was very rough. But it really helped to explain why Donny (and others who have experienced sexual assault) don't act/react the same way someone who hasn't experienced trauma would react.

A true story, written and acted by the victim Richard Gadd, who I think is brave beyond belief.

Watch until the end if you can.

Yes maybe it was 4 when he meets the television writer that was so hard to watch.  It kind of veered off track at that point but needed to be shown to understand his reaction to his stalker.  She was clearly mentally ill, but he was dealing with his own issues and didn't really understand by the end if he was heading in the right direction. 

Honored Contributor

Started it yesterday, after reading this, I'll save my time.

Honored Contributor

I've been reading about the real story and now I'm intrigued.  It will be my next Netflix show.  

Trusted Contributor

Binge watched yesterday. Yes there are some difficult scences, but well worth the watch.

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

I binge watched this last night.  It was pretty disturbing. The actress that played Martha did a brilliant job though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@TurnerGal  All are saying "difficult, difficult". Difficult how...animal cruelty, gore, what?  It seems interesting from what I read here but can't stand animal or child cruelty.  Can you say without doing a spoiler? 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth