Honored Contributor

Re: BRoadchurch Season 3-Anyone watching?

Only 3/4 hour to go in my area.

Enjoy everyone!! 

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

HAPPY VALLEY (Netflix) is similar and excellent.  I think yo'all will love it.

Esteemed Contributor

JUstnwatched the final,episode of Season 3.  FAbulous ending.  SO,well written, directed and acted.  WHy do,these type of programs always seem to,come from the Brits?  WHy can't we ge this type,of programming on American TV?  WHy do we have to put up with the garbage  the major networks put out?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe the actress playing the mother of the murdered boy in the series will play the new Dr. Who. Only problem I had with Broadchurch was understanding Tennent's heavy Scottish accent. I had to replay conversations at times.

Trusted Contributor

Here's some interesting news about Olivia Colman, who plays Ellie Miller:  she will be in the new "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS" movie that is coming out later this fall. She has the role of the German Hildegarde Schmidt, who was the attendant to the elderly Russian Princess on the train.  That should be very interesting to hear her do a German accent.  I think Olivia Colman is a wonderful actress.  I love when Miller looks at the culprits with such a look of disgust on her face! 

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover wrote:

Here's some interesting news about Olivia Colman, who plays Ellie Miller:  she will be in the new "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS" movie that is coming out later this fall. She has the role of the German Hildegarde Schmidt, who was the attendant to the elderly Russian Princess on the train.  That should be very interesting to hear her do a German accent.  I think Olivia Colman is a wonderful actress.  I love when Miller looks at the culprits with such a look of disgust on her face! 

That's wonderful news!  I love how she can't hide her contempt for some of the suspects.  And I love how Det. Hardy pronounces her name-Mill-ah!!!!

The scene where he is telling off Those boys harassing his daughter was one of my favorites,  I played it over a few times. I also liked his conversation with his daughter on the beach where he is trying so hard to express everything he should have a long time ago.  Makes me tear up. 

And when Ellie says parenting is like a constant slap around the head cracked me up!  So many memorable lines!

Again, so exciting to hear Olivia Coleman will be on the big screen!!

Trusted Contributor

Great ending!  Wish they'd have a season 4.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have purposely not read this thread so I don't see any spoilers. Can someone tell me where to watch this???

ETA: season 3. I've already watched the other two seasons!

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

I have purposely not read this thread so I don't see any spoilers. Can someone tell me where to watch this???

ETA: season 3. I've already watched the other two seasons!

@FUTURE  On Demand

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

JUstnwatched the final,episode of Season 3.  FAbulous ending.  SO,well written, directed and acted.  WHy do,these type of programs always seem to,come from the Brits?  WHy can't we ge this type,of programming on American TV?  WHy do we have to put up with the garbage  the major networks put out?

@KathyPetMy husband and I were discussing this very thing after watching the finale of Broadchurch.  Here are some of the ideas we came up with.

• The actors look like normal people.  Imperfect and realistic.  Easy to identify with.  Less concerned with beautiful people wearing beautiful clothes living in beautiful houses and more concerned with an intelligent script.
  • No annoying background music to influence how we react to a scene.
  • The writing is adult but not in a fleshy way. 
  • The scenery in the Brit productions is gorgeous.