Respected Contributor

Re: BRoadchurch Season 3-Anyone watching?

I have watched every episode of all three seasons.  I gather Wednesday night is the series finale.  There will be no more Broadchurch seasos.  Too bad!

Honored Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I have watched every episode of all three seasons.  I gather Wednesday night is the series finale.  There will be no more Broadchurch seasos.  Too bad!

THIS Wednesday????

Trusted Contributor

@Judaline - Yes, sadly this Wednesday's episode is the final one for the series.  It has been such a great series.  I have truly enjoyed it and will miss it.

Honored Contributor

@dawg lover    Image result for animated crying emoticon

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

I'm watching Broadchurch and liking it a lot @KathyPet. I didn't know I'd missed a season until I read your post! The season about the little boy is the only one I've seen and honestly, I found the show by accident. Hate I've missed a season though! 

@DukeBlueNan  Season 2 was a continuation of Season 1.  Season 3 has a new storyline, although many characters from earlier seasons are in season 3.

This may have already been answered; I haven't read the whole thread.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I watched it when season one was first on TV.  Somehow I missed season two but recently watched it on Netflix (also rewatched season one first) so I could catch season three which has been on TV recently.

Looking forward to the finale of season three tomorrow night!  This has been a great series and I'm sorry there's no season four.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @Cakers3. I haven't read entire thread either. Didn't know one season was continuation of other. Or it could be I watched it all and just forgot! Oh dear!

So is it true that this is final season? If so, sorry to hear that.

Honored Contributor

The complexity of the show is what attracts me to it.  I do like British tv because they don't use a bunch of gorgeous skinny 27 year olds, the actors are real actors who look like real people.  I like that.  The is end of Broadchurch, it seems like all my favorite programs ending or will end next year.

Honored Contributor

@DukeBlueNan wrote:

Thank you @Cakers3. I haven't read entire thread either. Didn't know one season was continuation of other. Or it could be I watched it all and just forgot! Oh dear!

So is it true that this is final season? If so, sorry to hear that.

@DukeBlueNan  Hi-yes, sadly this is the final season.  I don't know if it is due to other projects the main actors have going on or not; I know Sherlock with Cumberbatch and Freeman was going to end because they couldn't coordinate other projects.

I'm so hoping the producers can drum up another season.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The complexity of the show is what attracts me to it.  I do like British tv because they don't use a bunch of gorgeous skinny 27 year olds, the actors are real actors who look like real people.  I like that.  The is end of Broadchurch, it seems like all my favorite programs ending or will end next year.

@chrystaltree  I agree.

I also think that the British/Irish/Scottish actors (meaning those born in their native countries) are more polished and trained than American actors.