Esteemed Contributor

BRoadchurch Season 3-Anyone watching?

I loved Broadchurch Season 1.  THe story had me so hooked that I binged watched it.  I tried to watch Season 2 and just could not get into it.  I quit after 3 episodes.  SO far I have watched 2 episodes of Season 3 and am liking it.  I think the problem with Season 2 was the complexity of the plot and the number of suspects had me really confused about who was who.

Trusted Contributor

Re: BRoadchurch Season 3-Anyone watching?

I'm watching Broadchurch and liking it a lot @KathyPet. I didn't know I'd missed a season until I read your post! The season about the little boy is the only one I've seen and honestly, I found the show by accident. Hate I've missed a season though! 

Esteemed Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I loved Broadchurch Season 1.  THe story had me so hooked that I binged watched it.  I tried to watch Season 2 and just could not get into it.  I quit after 3 episodes.  SO far I have watched 2 episodes of Season 3 and am liking it.  I think the problem with Season 2 was the complexity of the plot and the number of suspects had me really confused about who was who.

I watch Broadchurch and enjoy it also.......i agree about the first cast of characters being so many suspects...but i thought Season 2 was a continuation of Season 1....and Season 3 was a whole new story?   Am i wrong??  I didn't watch the second season because of that reason...if it is

a totally different story i WOULD go back and try to watch it somehow.....If you know...thanks for the answer.......

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17  It's like reading book 3 in a series-it helps if you've read the first 2, but not mandatory. Season 2 wasn't really part of the present one, but there are references by the characters to things, like the murderer of Danny not getting a conviction. His father just can't live with it and finally just talked to the man who supposedly killed him. I'm fuzzy on that point, but he admitted it. Once again there are tooooo many suspects and everyone is trying to look guilty. That kills me (no pun intended). All this being said, I LOVE this show. The 2 detectives are so great-love David Tennant. Since this is the last season I hope someone has him ready for another series of some kind.

P.S. The lady who was raped makes me crazy-those looks she gives, those close ups. I would  like to have seen someone else as this character.

Honored Contributor

I just started last night!  I've seen the first two seasons and didn't realize season 3 was out. I love this series and although I've only seen the first episode of this season I found it very engaging and reminds me of why I like this show so much. Glad other are enjoying it too!

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@kelsey17  It's like reading book 3 in a series-it helps if you've read the first 2, but not mandatory. Season 2 wasn't really part of the present one, but there are references by the characters to things, like the murderer of Danny not getting a conviction. His father just can't live with it and finally just talked to the man who supposedly killed him. I'm fuzzy on that point, but he admitted it. Once again there are tooooo many suspects and everyone is trying to look guilty. That kills me (no pun intended). All this being said, I LOVE this show. The 2 detectives are so great-love David Tennant. Since this is the last season I hope someone has him ready for another series of some kind.

P.S. The lady who was raped makes me crazy-those looks she gives, those close ups. I would  like to have seen someone else as this character.

Thanks for the update.........i enjoyed the first season (and very many suspects) and once they captured the killer that was i believe the end of the lst season...and i tried to read up and google the 2nd season and it did sound like a continuation...which i would skip...but i am enjoying the third season sofar.....AND YES...the lady kinda creeps me out too.............i think someone else in that role may have been a bit more believeable.....i too hope there comes along another detective/mystery/DCI

type series.....the British shows are so much more realistic then in the US............I also like that the British shows actors are all more "real" looking....they aren't "perfected" physically for the roles...the hairstyles, teeth, clothing, exceptionally good looking, etc.  Just more "real" looking and believeable.....I do kinda wish David Tennant would shave though...hahahah...just my preference...

Trusted Contributor

We love the show. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm watching this season, skipped the second one. I like it despite Tennent whom I dislike. That the victim is not that attractive is, I believe, meant to show that the crime is against women in general not limited to the "irresistible" or provocative.

Trusted Contributor

Love it.  Almost all the main characters and their stories  (and actors) have been carried forward each episode and season.  I do not  dislike any it.  I do have the subtitles turned on so I don't miss a word.

Honored Contributor

I felt like the actress who plays the character Trish is very believable and it is hard to look at her because she looks so haunted to me but that makes it very authentic and I want it to be hard to look at because it's an ugly, vile thing. The rapist creeps me out, not the victim. 

I agree with @occasionalrain that her plain looks further illustrate it's a crime of violence and not one of sexual desire.  She doesn't fit the stereotype and trope of the attractive sexy woman who somehow invited the attack. 

Of course, I have no idea how this will play out but I think she is giving a very accurate portrayal of the complete shock and despair following an assault. 

Who do do you think should have been cast? Just curious.