Honored Contributor

BRAVO PROJECT RUNWAY MARATHON TODAY

For those interested, and then, as we know, tonight is the new season.

Respected Contributor

Re: BRAVO PROJECT RUNWAY MARATHON TODAY

@mousiegirl I am recording the marathon and excited to see the new season debut.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.  I was gone all day and had totally forgotten the new season started tonight.  Will check it out.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

If this is the way the whole season is headed, I am not interested. Let's see I get to stay while another designer made my dress but the woman who made her own leaves. Wow!!! Are these judges out of the loop since the lockdown. So if you cheat, it is ok. Great message!!!

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree with elated - I couldn't believe it! The one guy goes out and smokes and lets someone else do his entire project.  He admits it and gets to stay even though he didn't complete his project!   I'm watching the second episode now and it's even worse in my opinion - I won't go into my problems with what is going on but this just isn't Project Runway I have watched for years. At east I can speed through the ads and parts I choose not to watch.  Sad. 

Respected Contributor

I wish the show wasn't 90 min. long, I fall asleep everytime, and its always when the runway show is about to start (the best part) and then I wake up at the end.

I watched the first episode on Demand, which was great, because 30 min. worth of commercials were edited out.  Yeah, what a difference.

Episode 2, was full length at 90 min. and of course I fell asleep and woke up near the end.  I tend to disagree with the judges.  Re episode 1, Darren should have been given the axe because he didn't even make his dress and had no problem admitting it. 

Re episode 2 with all the brewhaha over switching models, I don't think that should be allowed.  So the asian fellow wants to show his clothes on an asian model, unfortunately he had a white guy so asked Meg/Peg(?) if she would switch.  She was sort of darned if she do and darned if she don't imo.  If she had said no, they all would have resented her for saying no.  She said she would, and then they all got on her case about that.  I was kinda surprised the way they all ganged up on her, but she was doing her own thing until the one guy wanted her model.  I thought she was just sticking up for herself when no one else was going to.  Maybe I have to watch it again, but I kind of felt bad for her, she dropping out of the contest and all.  Like I said, they get a model and they should make it a rule that that's it!  No ill feelings.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

What was that get-up that Meg was wearing?  It looked like part of a ripped white tee shirt over a dingy looking white bra.  Not a good look or advertising for her brand.  A younger lady might be able to get away with wearing that stuff, but the older you are,  the worse it looks, though I can't imagine that'd look good on anybody, no matter their age or body size.

Respected Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

What was that get-up that Meg was wearing?  It looked like part of a ripped white tee shirt over a dingy looking white bra.  Not a good look or advertising for her brand.  A younger lady might be able to get away with wearing that stuff, but the older you are,  the worse it looks, though I can't imagine that'd look good on anybody, no matter their age or body size.

@aubnwa01 

I thought the same thing.  All that fat hanging out grossed me out. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@jellyBEAN wrote:

I wish the show wasn't 90 min. long, I fall asleep everytime, and its always when the runway show is about to start (the best part) and then I wake up at the end.

I watched the first episode on Demand, which was great, because 30 min. worth of commercials were edited out.  Yeah, what a difference.

Episode 2, was full length at 90 min. and of course I fell asleep and woke up near the end.  I tend to disagree with the judges.  Re episode 1, Darren should have been given the axe because he didn't even make his dress and had no problem admitting it. 

Re episode 2 with all the brewhaha over switching models, I don't think that should be allowed.  So the asian fellow wants to show his clothes on an asian model, unfortunately he had a white guy so asked Meg/Peg(?) if she would switch.  She was sort of darned if she do and darned if she don't imo.  If she had said no, they all would have resented her for saying no.  She said she would, and then they all got on her case about that.  I was kinda surprised the way they all ganged up on her, but she was doing her own thing until the one guy wanted her model.  I thought she was just sticking up for herself when no one else was going to.  Maybe I have to watch it again, but I kind of felt bad for her, she dropping out of the contest and all.  Like I said, they get a model and they should make it a rule that that's it!  No ill feelings.

@jellyBEAN 

That's why I DVR it.  If I fall asleep, I can rewind it or if I miss something.  Drama and it's only the 2nd episode.  I knew Meg would storm off and leave the show.  I think Christian should have intervened and stopped it.  Then the judges acted surprised.  JMO, but I'm sure they were aware of it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Imo, this seems to be the worst season - and I have watched since the beginning. I'm not crazy about the contestants and find them rude and obnoxious. Some of them don't look like they have a clue about fasion design/fit/assembly.

Episode 1 - how did that guy get to stay when he didn't even do the challenge - and admitted it.

Episode 2 was just wrong. My gut said the minute Chrstian let 2 contestants switch models it was going to be a problem. And yep, it sure was. 

Someone needs to revist the rules with the contestants. The model you get is just that, your model for this challenge. If you don't do the challenge, you should be out.

They need to learn in life, you don't always get what you want/demand. They aren't big name designers where they pull their weight and make demands.