Regular Contributor

Saw this on Netflix last night and think it was a remarkably well done movie but just a bit too long. I gave it 4 thumbs up. Anyone else see this and your review?

"You never know when the last time is the
last time."
Super Contributor

Saw it, thought it was way too long and slow. I never get up during a movie but, with this one, I did and kept waiting for it to be over. While I commend the cast for sticking together for 12 years to make this movie, it was boring! I kept waiting for something, anything to happen. It was the story of an American family with really nothing spectacular or nothing earthshaking happening to them. Same old bumps alot of other families go through.

Valued Contributor

I saw it on Netflix and just loved it. My brother saw it in the theater and recommended it. It's long but I was never bored.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Well, having spanned 12 years, obviously they had no storyline to follow as they couldn't predict the future. It was an experiment and deserves recognition . . . perhaps not "the Oscar," but it was quite an achievement nonetheless.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I loved the first part of the movie, and agree, it way too long and parts of it very boring!

I personally do not think it is "Oscar" material, but then again, what do I know, LOL!

Super Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Ford1224 said:

Well, having spanned 12 years, obviously they had no storyline to follow as they couldn't predict the future. It was an experiment and deserves recognition . . . perhaps not "the Oscar," but it was quite an achievement nonetheless.

Well, yes, the writers did have some sort of storyline to follow. It wasn't a reality film. It was a written story. The only thing that they couldn't predict was if they could keep the entire cast together for that long. They did and for that the movie it is to be congratulated but the story itself was not that exciting. There were four of us watching it and we all kept waiting for something to happen and when it was over, we all said, "That's it?"

Trusted Contributor

I watched this movie about a month ago, yes its long and yes I kept waiting for something like a tragedy to happen.Ok isn't that true life? We are bored at times, hopefully we escape a tragedy,and sometimes events take a long time. That is why I loved this film,it was life it self what a marvelous film and I would recommened it to every family,hope it wins.Tucka.

Respected Contributor
On 2/21/2015 Jackielee said:
On 2/21/2015 Ford1224 said:

Well, yes, the writers did have some sort of storyline to follow. It wasn't a reality film. It was a written story. The only thing that they couldn't predict was if they could keep the entire cast together for that long. They did and for that the movie it is to be congratulated but the story itself was not that exciting. There were four of us watching it and we all kept waiting for something to happen and when it was over, we all said, "That's it?"

I think if someone hasn't seen the movie they may think it's a documentary, based on hearing about the 12 year film span. I liked Boyhood, but didn't love it. Have much respect for the cast, and for the director, Richard Linklater, though.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥