Respected Contributor

BOOKS. Let's title every post about books, BOOKS. Then we will be able to spot them while

they are still mingled in with TV and Movies.  What do you think?  Makes sense to me, then I don't have to scan through every post to see if it is about BOOKS.

Let's hope we get a separate forum for BOOKS!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: BOOKS. Let's title every post about books, BOOKS. Then we will be able to spot them while

Why not just start a thread within that books, TV and movies called books. Everyone could post on thar thread. It could be renewed monthly as always. We would be within the category but with our own sub category. Don't know if that is feasible to the moderator or not
Honored Contributor

Re: BOOKS. Let's title every post about books, BOOKS. Then we will be able to spot them while

We already have What ARE YOU READING, what's wrong with that?

Respected Contributor

I just started a new What Are You Reading thread for July - why not join us there?

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

I just floated the July what are you reading to the top and unfloated the June one but if I start any new book topics I will try to remember BOOKS at the beginning. I hope we get a book forum back too.
Respected Contributor

@lovescats wrote:
I just floated the July what are you reading to the top and unfloated the June one but if I start any new book topics I will try to remember BOOKS at the beginning. I hope we get a book forum back too.

That's what I did, too.  But thanks for reminding me that I can unfloat the June thread. 

I think we need to keep posting about a Book Forum in the Suggestion Box.  There have been very few responses to the suggestions already posted there, and the mods probably think it's not that important to us.

Esteemed Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

That's exactly what I did. I think the "Float" and "Unfloat" feature is the best this new board has. It's definitely a necessity the way everything still seems to be scrambled up. 

Plus, I don't know if it's my computer or not, but this board now jumps like crazy. I have to sit with my hands off the keyboard for about 5 seconds after I post, otherwise everything goes kaplooey. 

I will also try to remember BOOKS, but I can't really count on my memory these days!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

@Big Sister@sunala@smoky22@lovescats@lainey1,

Another suggestion in addition to floating a thread to the top...

Try using the tagging feature.  Perhaps start by using "BOOKS" as a tag on your posts (or whatever you want to use...  you can be creative!Robot Happy).

Here's the "Help" text about Tagging:

(link goes to:  http://community.qvc.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/tagging#tagging)

Play around with it -- you always can delete tags, and add new ones, so it doesn't hurt to try it out.

Once the "@" before the username is activated, there are lots of creative ways to use that feature, too, but right now it seems it's not working.

hth!

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Someone asked why we book lovers couldn't be content with just the monthly reading thread.

It's because our former book postings covered other facets of reading, including questions about certain book series and on books that disappointed.

We had our own forum. I fail to understand what could be so difficult about separating books from TV and movies.

So far the moderators have not answered this question.

Esteemed Contributor

@insomniac wrote:

Someone asked why we book lovers couldn't be content with just the monthly reading thread.

It's because our former book postings covered other facets of reading, including questions about certain book series and on books that disappointed.

We had our own forum. I fail to understand what could be so difficult about separating books from TV and movies.

So far the moderators have not answered this question.

insomniac, it is very odd that they took away our book forum and haven't given it back to us...yet.

I guess it's because book readers are wild and rowdy troublemakers. Ha!

Maybe we should all write to the powers that be once again. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett