Honored Contributor

Re: 👗👠BOLD & BEAUTIFUL JUNE 2020 w/ SPOILERS 👠👗

@stevieb Nope.  This guy simply is so wrong for Ridge.  He as a character would be closer to Dolla' Bill--but nobody could follow Dolla' now!  He is simply wonderful! 

Hopeless new and Hopeless old are interchangeable to me, although this one has Clueless to a science!  I think the other one was prettier.  

Brooke the Hook-er is whiney.  I get really tired of her in a hurry!  

Not to change the subject, BUT I'm going to:  I thought the worst casting ever was Shirley MacLaine in Downton Abbey. I so wish they could have used Charlie Harper's mother, Holland Tayor!  Oh my how wonderful she would have been.  She is one of my favorite actors of all time.

She knew how to deliver a put-down on that show! 

Esteemed Contributor

Finally picking up where they left off,

Screenshot_20200626-163514.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@stevieb Nope.  This guy simply is so wrong for Ridge.  He as a character would be closer to Dolla' Bill--but nobody could follow Dolla' now!  He is simply wonderful! 

Hopeless new and Hopeless old are interchangeable to me, although this one has Clueless to a science!  I think the other one was prettier.  

Brooke the Hook-er is whiney.  I get really tired of her in a hurry!  

Not to change the subject, BUT I'm going to:  I thought the worst casting ever was Shirley MacLaine in Downton Abbey. I so wish they could have used Charlie Harper's mother, Holland Tayor!  Oh my how wonderful she would have been.  She is one of my favorite actors of all time.

She knew how to deliver a put-down on that show! 

@Sooner  Yes, I too felt Shirley was more or less a non-starter on DA... Holland Taylor is always quite good... Don't know if you saw her 'Great Perfromances' on PBS as former Texas governor Anne Richards, but it's well worth viewing...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Oh for heaven's sake... The woman saw so little action this year and yet Katie scoops up another Lead Actress Daytime Emmy... Something seriously wrong with how those awards are determined... If you needed more evidence of that, Y&R as best Daytime Drama... Please, it's unwatchable... And Bryton James as Supporting Actor, which is sort of the ultimate joke or gift, take your pick... 

Honored Contributor

While I was happy for B&B for winning the coveted Daytime Emmy for writing, I was also very surprised. The long, strung out stories can be tedious; they focus on one topic (and a few characters) for weeks at a time and we miss seeing the other actors. Perhaps it's due to the show being 30 minutes instead of 60? Too many people to add into 30 minutes? What do you all think?

As I mentioned earlier, it would have been interesting to rehabilitate Thomas, have Hope fall for him and have him more involved in the family business -- and to be able to see him struggle with his his dark side once in awhile.

Still, I will be glad to see the new episodes next month when they air! 

Honored Contributor

Bold and Beautiful spoilers for Monday June 29:

Wyatt convinces Hope to take the marital plunge — literally — in Monte Carlo. Originally aired on August 13, 2014.

Bold and Beautiful spoilers for Tuesday June 30:

Maya and Rick’s wedding day arrives. Originally aired on August 12, 2015.

The complete list of the 2020 Daytime Creative Arts Emmy winners, which honors those behind the scenes of daytime television in our favorite soap operas.

Bold and Beautiful spoilers for Wednesday July 1:
/>

Ridge and Caroline head to the beach and pronounce themselves ‘husband and wife’. Originally aired on September 14, 2015.

Bold and Beautiful spoilers for Thursday July 2:

Eric and Quinn tie the knot and celebrity gossip blogger Perez Hilton guest stars as Reverend Murphy. Originally aired on September 26, 20174.

Bold and Beautiful spoilers for Friday July 3:

Steffy tells Ridge that she is ready to marry Liam, just as he learns that Hope is pregnant with his child. Originally aired on July 4, 2018.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

While I was happy for B&B for winning the coveted Daytime Emmy for writing, I was also very surprised. The long, strung out stories can be tedious; they focus on one topic (and a few characters) for weeks at a time and we miss seeing the other actors. Perhaps it's due to the show being 30 minutes instead of 60? Too many people to add into 30 minutes? What do you all think?

As I mentioned earlier, it would have been interesting to rehabilitate Thomas, have Hope fall for him and have him more involved in the family business -- and to be able to see him struggle with his his dark side once in awhile.

Still, I will be glad to see the new episodes next month when they air! 

I heartily agree.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think the singular focus story lines have to do with the half hour format. Traditionally, almost all soaps were half hour but they didn't focus so exclusively on single arcs for months on end. Nope, this feels, to me, like a combination of lazy writers and overall mediocre writing. The reason I think they won a writing award is because they more or less stick to traditional soap opera themes and don't try to be something they're not. The hour long soaps continue to seem committed to competing with movies and, of course, they can't really cut it.