Honored Contributor

Re: 👗👠BOLD & BEAUTIFUL JUNE 2020 w/ SPOILERS 👠👗

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

This break points up for me that so far, there is one and only one Ridge.  

And it ain't Scruffy! 

Isn't THAT the truth... @Sooner... I'll never in a million years understand that casting blunder... And to add insult to injury, although maybe it's for the best so Brooke can hook up with someone else, it appears Ridge and Ho-Mama are to be celebrating wedded bliss... Of all the men Brooke has wedded and bedded, this one is the absolute worst... They just should not have called him 'Ridge'... He might as well have been yet another long lost Forrester...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@EdithEllenLily  Yes, Daytime Emmys are still set for Friday night

on CBS. Guess they can call it the home edition, ha ha. Hoping to

see Annika as Hope win for Supporting Actress. Also Katherine Kelly,

as Brooke up against t.v. sister Katie,  Heather Tom for Lead Actress.

I was surprised to see Thorsten Kaye as Ridge nominated for

Lead Actor. I go along with the rest of them here who is not

blown away with his acting. Although he was on All My Children

in the past, I never saw him on there. His scenes with Thomas

were alright the last we saw of them, guess Thomas last appeared

during the wedding with Zoey that never happened and he ran out

the door. Too bad the actor playing Thomas wasn't up this year for

any awards but maybe next time. He seems to be either loved or

despised. Oh well, hope you enjoy the show and come back to chat

more after with us.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those awards are so misguided... First of all, they try to mirror prime time and film, where an actor is chosen for a specific performance, which is just b.s. with a continuing drama. The award should be for a body of work throughout the year. The awards are also political. How else can you account for some of the nominees and for the categories in which some folks are nominated, when they clearly would probably be a better fit in another category. Case in point: Katie was rarely seen over the last year other than the few weeks she was (as Thomas so aptly put it...) on death's doorstep yet again... Meanwhile, the Hope-Thomas-Douglas story line was front and center... So, how does Hope land in the supporting actress category and Katie in the lead actress category... Moreover, Adam, over on Y&R, carried the show for months, so how is he nominated as a supporting actor and how, in the name of all that's holy, is Devon nominated at all... The man has one emotion... Most ridiculous of all, like him or not, Thomas was robbed... He was a consummate villain and yet there were times when you could just barely glimpse a softer side... He deserved a nomination and probably a win... And where was Douglas in all this... The kid was exceptional...

Esteemed Contributor

I am just looking for something to watch @stevieb. Too bad we

can't nominate who we would like to win. I forgot about Douglas

and would definitely like to see him get an award, he is excellent

especially for being so young.

There is probably some kind of fine print, their lousy rules and

regulations of how long people have to be on the show, not sure,

Thomas and Douglas are on what for more than a year now. Think

they appeared in February of 2019.

I  mean how many times is Heather Tom up, just about every year.

They want who they want, don't have much faith in these you are 

the best, too many left out. 

Anyway think this is the first time in many years the show is being

aired on t.v. and then we have to see this nonsense of them at home.

Honored Contributor

@threecees @stevieb I think you both make some right on and valid points on the Daytime Emmy drama and I enjoyed reading your perspectives.

I think the actors who play Thomas and Douglas should have been nominated; I wonder if the topic of manipulation was off-putting to those choosing the actors to be nominated. I also think if the writing would have evolved Thomas with rehabilitation into a person with only occasional thoughts of his dark past, he would have been more likeable and would have had more of an opportunity to showcase his acting. If he had been transformed for the better, Hope could have fallen in love with him...yet there still would be moments when he would struggle with his inner issues, which would have been interesting to watch. I hope they bring Thomas back. Maybe he is in Paris with Taylor and she and others are trying to help him because right now, he is a mess.

I may be one of the few here who like Thorsten Kaye as Ridge. I watched him as the brooding Zach on All My Children when he looked a lot better than he does now with his current scruffy look. Kaye really needs to clean up on B&B, especially after watching the original Ridge who is more pristine. Over the past year, we have seen this Ridge in anguish and devastation over Thomas and Brooke, and I think Ridge's performance of a multitude of emotions including anger toward Thomas in Thomas' hospital room was excellent. I think actors who bring emotion that "get you right there" in your heart are what I like. For me, it's not all about looks. Give me Pacino in Frankie and Johnny or Sea of Love from years ago. Give me De Niro in Falling in Love. It's the heart and soul that get to me. I hope Thorsten Kaye wins best actor, and I hope Katherine Kelly Lang and Annika Noelle win as best actress and best supporting actress, respectively, too.

Contributor

These reruns of older shows are just making me miss the original B&B that I loved.  Such good story lines and actors.  

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.....Corrie ten Boom
Esteemed Contributor

Yes @dklcat5 I know what you mean. I watched today's episode and 

Stephanie as usual was ready to kill Brooke. She even said she most

likely would had Brooke not been pregnant with Deacon's baby, which

is Hope, that Brooke will be passing off as Whip's. 

It is unfortunate that this episode can not continue into the next show.

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@threecees @stevieb I think you both make some right on and valid points on the Daytime Emmy drama and I enjoyed reading your perspectives.

I think the actors who play Thomas and Douglas should have been nominated; I wonder if the topic of manipulation was off-putting to those choosing the actors to be nominated. I also think if the writing would have evolved Thomas with rehabilitation into a person with only occasional thoughts of his dark past, he would have been more likeable and would have had more of an opportunity to showcase his acting. If he had been transformed for the better, Hope could have fallen in love with him...yet there still would be moments when he would struggle with his inner issues, which would have been interesting to watch. I hope they bring Thomas back. Maybe he is in Paris with Taylor and she and others are trying to help him because right now, he is a mess.

I may be one of the few here who like Thorsten Kaye as Ridge. I watched him as the brooding Zach on All My Children when he looked a lot better than he does now with his current scruffy look. Kaye really needs to clean up on B&B, especially after watching the original Ridge who is more pristine. Over the past year, we have seen this Ridge in anguish and devastation over Thomas and Brooke, and I think Ridge's performance of a multitude of emotions including anger toward Thomas in Thomas' hospital room was excellent. I think actors who bring emotion that "get you right there" in your heart are what I like. For me, it's not all about looks. Give me Pacino in Frankie and Johnny or Sea of Love from years ago. Give me De Niro in Falling in Love. It's the heart and soul that get to me. I hope Thorsten Kaye wins best actor, and I hope Katherine Kelly Lang and Annika Noelle win as best actress and best supporting actress, respectively, too.

Having watched B&B in fits and starts from the beginning, Kaye is a decent actor, but he's just simply not Ridge... It's not just his typically unkempt, sloppy appearance, it's everything about him... Ridge was sleek, lean, always finished looking, articulate, cool as a cucumber, and, as I think it was @Sooner said, elegant... He was the quintessential romantic lead... This guy just doesn't cut the mustard... As noted, had they simply introduced him as a new Forrester, to me, they'd have been better off... 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb This guy is simply not believable as having grown up in the fashion world and being a designer.  No way. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner  The thing is, the original Ridge always added polish to any scene he was in. So did the original Thorne. They got the casting right with these two the first time. They were the quintessential rich, attractive brothers... While Thorne has now been played by so many actors and some of them perhaps better actors, none of them brought quite the polish of the original and heaven only knows the current Ridge offers no polish at all... Recasts are funny. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. For me, rare is the time when I end up liking a recast better than the original, but it has happened. More often, I never quite get used to the recast even when they do a very good job and are at least proximate to the original. In the case of this Ridge, it's like night and day and so no, I've never really been able to accept him as Ridge Forrester...