Honored Contributor

Re: BOGEY / BACALL FILM FESTIVAL THURSDAY 12:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

@trenet wrote:

@Oznell 

I really enjoy Agnes Moorehead in Dark Passage. Have you read the David Goodis book?  

Sometimes the sets and costumes interest me as much as anything else in a movie.  

About a decade-plus ago, an apartment in the Dark Passage building was available for a vacation rental via vrbo or similar service. It was decorated more traditionally but, still,  I was so disappointed I couldn't afford it when I was travelling  to San Francisco for the opera.  

I spotted a couple of items  that were in my parents' living room. One was the blonde wood stereo or record player whichever we called it back then and the other was a table cigarette lighter.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Just finished watching Dark Passage, and remembered I had seen it before.  Nevertheless, I happily watched it again.

Could Bacall have been any more beautiful?  Her clothing was amazing.  The shoulders a bit much, but just so refined and timeless.  Her makeup was perfection in the closeups.  

I was left thinking I wanted to visit that bar in Peru where they ended the movie.  The music...their song...all just dreamy.  Dancing to the sound of the ocean.

They simply do not make movies like this any more.

Honored Contributor

Well put, @Witchy Woman --  couldn't agree more!  And that last scene really packs a punch.  You can just imagine that dance going on forever, with that music and that ocean.....