Honored Contributor

BOGEY / BACALL FILM FESTIVAL THURSDAY 12:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

dark-passage-classic.png

IMPORTANT NOTE:   It's actually a Lauren Bacall marathon, and starts off BEFORE 12:15 on Thursday.  So do check your listings if you want to see her solo films.  I'm just alerting the landmark pairings she did with Bogart.

12:15 p.m. Eastern:   "Key Largo"   Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Edward G. Robinson, Claire Trevor, Lionel Barrymore, Thomas Gomez, Jay Silverheels

2:15 p.m. Eastern:   "Dark Passage"  Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Agnes Moorehead, Bruce Bennett, Tom D'Andrea, Clifton Young, Rory Mallinson

4:15 p.m. Eastern   "The Big Sleep"  Humphrey, Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Martha Vickers, John Ridgely, Louis Jean Heydt, Elisha Cook, Jr., Regis Toomey, Dorothy Malone

6:15 p.m. Eastern   "To Have and Have Not"   Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Walter Brennan, Hoagy Carmichael, Dan Seymour, Marcel Dalio, Dolores Moran, Sheldon Leonard

The two of them, a real treat!   I enjoy all of these, but with a lingering preference for "Dark Passage"--    I want Bacall's dreamy San Francisco "Forties' moderne" apartment, lock, stock and barrel!

Honored Contributor

Re: BOGEY / BACALL FILM FESTIVAL THURSDAY 12:15 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

Key Largo is my favorite.  That entire cast was stellar.  Have to admit, I've never seen Dark Passage.  Will record for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

6:15 p.m. Eastern   "To Have and Have Not"   Humphrey Bogart, Lauren Bacall, Walter Brennan, Hoagy Carmichael, Dan Seymour, Marcel Dalio, Dolores Moran, Sheldon Leonard

"You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and blow"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Super Contributor

@Oznell  Thank you for the heads up!!!!

@kaydee50   Dark Passage is a must. One of my favorites of Becall and Bogart.

I seem to remember, several years ago, someone on these blogs posted a pic of the road where the beginning was filmed. It was neat to see what it looked like many years later.

I too am a big fan of Key Largo. Even though I've seen it many times over, I'll will still watch it again.

@Mz iMac   I love, love that line and the look in her eyes!  Woman Wink  Another one of my many favorites!

Respected Contributor

My favorite movie couple. Will be watching at least two of them. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I am a Bogie fan his movies with Lauren Bacall are excellent!  They have such chemistry, just like Tracy and Hepburn in their movies.  The movies mentioned are all classics and ones you can watch over and over without tiring of them. Timeless and worth the watch!

Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

@Oznell  Thank you for the heads up!!!!

@kaydee50   Dark Passage is a must. One of my favorites of Becall and Bogart.

I seem to remember, several years ago, someone on these blogs posted a pic of the road where the beginning was filmed. It was neat to see what it looked like many years later.

I too am a big fan of Key Largo. Even though I've seen it many times over, I'll will still watch it again.

@Mz iMac   I love, love that line and the look in her eyes!  Woman Wink  Another one of my many favorites!

That was me, @lil spot  A lovely road trip to be sure. From July 2018 

DSCN0249 (3).JPGDSCN0245a.JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I no longer have TCM but bought all those movies as a DVD set umpteen million years ago. 

She's expert in sultry. 

I understand her birthday is tomorrow, Sept. 16 (1924).

She would have been 97.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@GingerPeach   Thank you for "fessing up". Woman Very Happy I'm glad I didn't imagine it!

Thank you for sharing the photo, how nice to see it again and for others to enjoy.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell 

Love these movies, but cannot remember if I've seen Dark Passage.  Will have to tune in.

As others have said, the on screen chemistry is amazing.  She was a stunning, smouldering beauty. 

That voice!