Honored Contributor

@red&curly wrote:

I remember him from Grillin & Chillin show from years ago. The other guy who I can't remember his name was like the leader of the show was a character!

They were so funny together.Wish they would reshow episodes.

I watched that show.   IIRC, it was in the early days of the Food Network.  Yes, that other guy was quite the character!  Smiley Happy

Wasn't part of the theme that one of them used a charcoal bbq and the other used gas.  I never liked gas bbq, as it makes the food taste like gas to me.   I think it was a competition as to whose food came out better.

All that said, I cannot depend much on my memory anymore so I could be totally off base.  

Esteemed Contributor

I met him at book signing.  Very nice, not fake.  Took the time to pose for pictures and answer cooking questions.

Honored Contributor

Bobby Flay, I've been a fan forever.   He seems genuine & down to earth, what you see is what you get, should make for a long marriage but I think he has a wandering eye.

I like Beat Bobby Flay more than I thought I would, somewhat tired of competition shows but I really like how he gives the spotlight to other chefs.   Same reason I like Guy Fieri.   He's another one that people seem to love or  hate.    I wasn't crazy about him at first, too over the top but he also seems genuine and true to his friends & family.

Flay also had a similar show called Throwdown which I loved.   Way back when, Ree Drummond challenged him and she won.   

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

Bobby Flay, I've been a fan forever.   He seems genuine & down to earth, what you see is what you get, should make for a long marriage but I think he has a wandering eye.

I like Beat Bobby Flay more than I thought I would, somewhat tired of competition shows but I really like how he gives the spotlight to other chefs.   Same reason I like Guy Fieri.   He's another one that people seem to love or  hate.    I wasn't crazy about him at first, too over the top but he also seems genuine and true to his friends & family.

Flay also had a similar show called Throwdown which I loved.   Way back when, Ree Drummond challenged him and she won.   

@software  I remember that Ree Drummond show. I think it was a set up. She went all out in many ways to get her show especially with that lodge. She already had a big fan base with her blog so that was a big help for the Food Network.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt  @red&curly  That was the first time I ever saw Bobby.  I really liked that show.  I was sorry when it went away.  I can't remember the name of the other guy.

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@chickenbutt  @red&curly  That was the first time I ever saw Bobby.  I really liked that show.  I was sorry when it went away.  I can't remember the name of the other guy.

All I remember was that (I think) he was a bit older, and that he wore overalls.  Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

@chickenbutt Yep charcoal vs gas.I had posted on another thread so I didn't want to bore people.

They were really funny together. I got to try and look up  that guy.My husband just said he thought his last name was McDonald. Could be the overalls.LOL

Now elephant memory over here says he remembers another early Flay show.I can barely.He would make something & pair with a drink maybe? This guy would be his guest. Seems like guests were people he knew or celebs.

I can't remember. Does this show sound  familiar to anyone?

Honored Contributor

Could that be 'Brunch with Bobby'?     I might be confusing another show - who knows.  My memory is so bad now.  Smiley Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@songbird wrote:

All I remember was that (I think) he was a bit older, and that he wore overalls.  Smiley Very Happy

I checked.  His name is Jack McDavid.  He owns a resturant and is a chef.

Respected Contributor

I like Bobby Flay!👨‍🍳