Esteemed Contributor

Re: BLUE BLOODS SEASON FINALE 5/14/21

Love the show!! Glad it's been renewed.

Honored Contributor

I'm looking forward to that. I wonder if Tom Selleck has some influence in selecting guest stars. Someone mentioned we will see his love interest from a Jesse Stone movie in this episode. Generally speaking, I think the casting on this show is excellent. Want to see the college age grandchildren every now and then.

Honored Contributor

I really enjoy Blue Bloods and have watched since the 1st episode. I'm so tired of the reality shows and singing/dancing competitions.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The Blue Bloods season finale will be a two hour episode on May 14th and Joe Hill will be back.   

Any word on whether or not the series has been re-newed for another season?  

So glad it was renewed. I wish Aaron and Jack would get back together for good. I think they look wonderful as a couple. 

@Effie54   I knew who you meant.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

I'm looking forward to that. I wonder if Tom Selleck has some influence in selecting guest stars. Someone mentioned we will see his love interest from a Jesse Stone movie in this episode. Generally speaking, I think the casting on this show is excellent. Want to see the college age grandchildren every now and then.

@AuntG 

I'm thinking those two actors are no longer interested in being in the series either temporarily or permanently.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG 

I'm thinking those two actors are no longer interested in being in the series either temporarily or permanently.

@geezerette   @AuntG 

I think it's about the cost of payroll increases.

The problem with these large ensemble cast actors is that they re-negotiate their contracts in good faith, and if the show is successful and renewed, they expect reasonable raises.   Nothing unusual or wrong with that.

Can you imagine how much raises would be for everyone sitting at that dinner table?     

I think dropping Nikki and the other brother freed up money to allow decent raises for a show that's been on for about 10 years .... I don't think this show would last very long if Tom Selleck decided to leave ....  do you?   IMO, if TS leaves, it's over.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

@AuntG 

@geezerette   @AuntG 

I think it's about the cost of payroll increases.

The problem with these large ensemble cast actors is that they re-negotiate their contracts in good faith, and if the show is successful and renewed, they expect reasonable raises.   Nothing unusual or wrong with that.

Can you imagine how much raises would be for everyone sitting at that dinner table?     

I think dropping Nikki and the other brother freed up money to allow decent raises for a show that's been on for about 10 years .... I don't think this show would last very long if Tom Selleck decided to leave ....  do you?   IMO, if TS leaves, it's over.

@Tinkrbl44 

Definitely possible.

And I agree--if Tom Selleck should leave, I don't imagine they'd even consider trying to continue the show.  I sure wouldn't watch it without him!😉

I just assumed that because both the older "children" seemed to actively leave the series around the same time that they reached an age in real life that they may have wanted to do other things.  Or take other acting jobs.  It seems to happen in other series I've watched.  Just speculation on my part, though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus I'm with you on the singing and dancing shows! I never watch and I'm not a fan of reality shows either so they are off my list.

I like Blue Bloods and I was partial to the early seasons too. This year hasn't knocked my socks off but this year was hard to manage for everyone.

I may be in the minority but I like the Joe Hill character. I thought he added a new perspective on things.

Like others I would like Frank to be a bit less grumpy.

Honored Contributor

@GinaV24  we've all figured out what Frank needs to make him less grumpy - I don't know why they don't write me into an occasional show!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The Blue Bloods season finale will be a two hour episode on May 14th and Joe Hill will be back.   

So glad it was renewed. I wish Aaron and Jack would get back together for good. I think they look wonderful as a couple. 

@Shanus wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

OMG - I forgot to proof read it. LOL. I meant Erin. 🤣