Highlighted
Honored Contributor

BLUE BLOODS SEASON FINALE 5/14/21

The Blue Bloods season finale will be a two hour episode on May 14th and Joe Hill will be back.   

Any word on whether or not the series has been re-newed for another season?  

Trusted Contributor

Re: BLUE BLOODS SEASON FINALE 5/14/21

Respected Contributor

I have always loved this show, but if it is no better this next season I am out. 

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I still like the show and am glad it's been renewed.  I find it more interesting and watchable than most of the other shows I've been watching.  Especially this year when many have changed so drastically.

But I will admit that I've never cared for the "Joe Hill" storyline.

Respected Contributor

The first two seasons were my favorites.  The writing was clever and there was a plot within a plot going.  The first season was about the family finding out who killed Joe and why.

Then the second season it was Jamie doing that undercover work with the mob.

But now, to me, it has just lost something.  Frank is always so grumpy and just seems to always be "humpfing" about something.  I love Tom Selleck but ...............

And I am so over the Edie character.  Jamie and Edie working together and being married is ridiculous to me.  

I am truly hoping the next season will be a bit different and the writing will improve.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

The first two seasons were my favorites.  The writing was clever and there was a plot within a plot going.  The first season was about the family finding out who killed Joe and why.

But now, to me, it has just lost something.  Frank is always so grumpy and just seems to always be "humpfing" about something.  I love Tom Selleck but ...............

And I am so over the Edie character.  Jamie and Edie working together and being married is ridiculous to me.  

I am truly hoping the next season will be a bit different and the writing will improve.

I've found the writing on many tv shows coming back after their pandemic hiatus to be poor to lacking.  It makes me wonder if having to come up with storylines via internet instead of in-person was to blame.  And I'm not talking about the many "message" storylines.  I just am finding many of the shows I usually watch to be "weak" right now.

I do hope that they pick up next season.🤞

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

The Blue Bloods season finale will be a two hour episode on May 14th and Joe Hill will be back.   

So glad it was renewed. I wish Aaron and Jack would get back together for good. I think they look wonderful as a couple. 

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

So glad it was renewed. I wish Aaron and Jack would get back together for good. I think they look wonderful as a couple. 

It's "Erin."

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@4kitties 

Good point ... but remember that all these shows we're watching were filmed during covid protocols and who knows what they had to do to improvise.   

Many of the shows I've watched for years didn't have a great 2020 season ...  their storylines seemed a little disjointed.   My guess is they were trying to get all characters in front of the camera, even if the storylines were superficial.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've always enjoyed Blue Bloods.  Season 1 was so good because we saw the characters and the family dynamics fleshed out.  The dinner scenes are still my favorite.

As with most TV shows, filming worked around covid protocol.   That must gave been a challenge. 

Seems like this past season the writers tried to focus on individual characters each week.  Some if it worked, some of it didn't.   I am happy that it's been renewed.