Trusted Contributor

Re: BIG BROTHER 17 STARTS TONIGHT!!!

yes never did like the battle of the block Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Hi all big brother fans, so tonight is the night,you guys in the east zone already saw it, i am still waiting out here on the pacific zone,thanks Gardenman for being our leader,enjoy you very much,hope not to be disapointed like the last 2 years,not impressed with the cast from their pictures ,remember it is on after dark on pop t.v. same as last year but a different name starts tomorrow night, and yes you see alot more of the show .enjoy everyone,tucka.Cat LOL

Contributor

So, Battle Of The Block is a fan favorite, huh.  Yeah, not this fan.  And I don't particularly care for the twin twist either, but we shall see....

Honored Contributor

BOTB was a fan favorite just like Frankie Grande was a fan favorite. They were only favorites of the producers. BOTB had potential, but within minutes fans had already figured out how to game the twist and the houseguests were right behind the fans in figuring it out. Comps where a side wins by intentionally throwing the comp are dumb. I really wanted BB to fix that last year, but instead of fixing it they're just repeating the same mistake.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Arrrggggh.  I threw something at the TV when Julie said BOTB like it's some great thing.  

It's becauset tv executives run scared, constantly.  There's always thirty people gunning for them.  The big media buyers and agencies leaning heavily on them.  So if something gets good ratings they justify it that the audience loved it..  It's happened on Survivor for years. Now BB.  And I read Survivor has already been asked to make another fan-vote season for next year.  Show hasn't even aired yet but based on the number of people voting and the way it blew up on social media.

BOTB:  waaaaaa waaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You can usually tell the recruits in the beginning because they cite BB history trying to sound clever but it's something recent.  That blonde (Meg?), I'm not even sure she grasps the game.  

Honored Contributor

O/T:  (Sorry, Gardenman)

SuzieQ, you are so welcome.  Mayfair, sorry about your dad.  Tucka, I've missed you!  :hug:  

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention the 'twin twist.' The twins are Liz and Julia Nolan. We'll meet Liz tonight when she gets introduced. By the photos I've seen, I don't think this twist will fool anyone. Liz seems to have a dimple (or something) on her nose that Julia lacks. That's kind of a big 'tell' for anyone the least bit suspicious, and every superfan is always looking for a twin. Both twins part their hair differently too, and while that's changeable, I suspect each will still automatically part their hair their normal way which will be a significant 'tell' for anyone watching. I don't see them making five weeks trying to pull this off. I'll be surprised if they make it five days.

Back to the BOTB for a moment. They can still fix the BOTB by simply doing what they failed to do last year and that's make the HOH's unsure if their nominees will be playing for them or against them. A simple coin flip or spinning wheel used just before the BOTB comp would force HOH's to put up a more balanced pair of players, instead of the two weakest. It would also minimize the risk of someone throwing the comp. They won't do that, but it would largely fix the issues with BOTB. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

Well gee whiz.....I have to add my disappointment about the BOTB.  I don't see how they can say it was a fan favorite, but oh well, production must be running out of ideas.  They need our Gardenman's ideas to make it more interesting!

Mayfair, I am so sorry about your Dad.  You, Crayons and I started out together on the old HSN board in about 2006 and moved over here in 2007.  Glad you are going to be with our BB gang again.  All of you who get the live feeds add so much to this BB forum. 

Here I go being negative again, but I don't like the twin twist either!  I've become a "Debbie Downer." 

Thanks as always to Gman for his reporting,  and happy Thursday to all.

Respected Contributor

Another thumbs down for the BOTB.Robot Mad I also groaned when I heard Julie mention this. Fan favorite? Seriously???

The twin thing is a repeat...boring.

I think there's going to be too many twists and turns this season. I hope I'm wrong but I was losing what Julie was explaining there was so much. I'll have to see how it all plays out.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Instead of expect the unexpected it should expect to be disappointed. 

Maybe this group will settle down but all that phony enthusiasm is wearing.

As to Audrey, formerly Adam, her brow ridge was a giveaway that she wasn't born female.