Honored Contributor

Re: BIG BANG THEORY SERIES FINALE TONIGHT-5/16

I loved the finale last night. Penny and Leonard's announcement wasn't a surprise. I loved the speech Sheldon gave at the end of the show, I found it quite touching, kind of made up for all the years of his social awkwardness!

Respected Contributor

I also loved the series finale, most especially Amy's decision to do her own "makeover", she's a lovely woman and I always hated her looking so frumpy.  I will really miss the show, even though I only started watching it regulary about three seasons ago, and caught up on the early years with re-runs.  Being married to an engineer and working for decades in a university science department, as well as being a science fiction fan, I feel like I essentially know and/or worked with all those characters.  I'll certainly give any "spin-offs" a chance if they are made, as I'm already enjoying "Young Sheldon".

Honored Contributor

i thought the ending of big bang was good and sweet.......and pretty predictable.

nothing that shocked me, nothing that i wanted done differently really. i did watch the special they had also to wrap up the evening.

a decent ending. i even watched young sheldon which i have never watched before. sweet how they showed the younger gang at the end of the episode.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I too, loved how they wrapped up the show. 

People had been wanting Amy and/or Penny to be pregnant, so we got that last night.

People had been wanting the elevator to be fixed, and we got that.

People had been wanting to see Howard's kids, and we got that too.

I think by everyone telling Sheldon what a pain in the arse he could be, forced him to realize that he had been taking their friendships for granted, and that he wouldn't have won the Nobel without them.

I think with Raj, he is finally comfortable with being single, and isn't desperate to find love, because he discovered that he's already loved by his friends, as evidenced when Howard went to the airport to stop him from going to London.

As for "Young Sheldon", I think John having a mental breakdown was the antithesis to Sheldon winning the Nobel, because both dreamed of winning it, but only Sheldon did, and John's breakdown showed how crushing it can be to have a dream not come true.

And I loved how it showed the young Leonard, Penny, Raj, Bernedette, and Amy, his future friends and family.

So sweet!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

I think it's good when a long-running series finale is predictable.  It's what people want.  If you've "known" the characters for twelve years, you know what you want to happen, and how you want to leave them. 

Sometimes corny and/or predictable is good.

Honored Contributor

I watched the finale on demand last night.  I'm 99% sure Sheldon mentioned Meemaw being one of the people he got a text from congratulating him on the Nobel Prize.

I thought the ending was cute.  I loved Sheldon's speech during his acceptance.     

Valued Contributor

It was like saying good bye to friends you have known for a long time.  I loved Sheldon’s speech, loved Amy’s new look but I think my favorite was the fact that Penny just remained Penny.  Wasn’t ever certain about the subject matter they discussed, but honestly didn’t care.  I will be looking for reruns.

Honored Contributor

I felt such a sadness when the show ended, it's like the end of an era. At least the show went out on top ( I'm sure the show could have continued on). There is nothing worse than a beloved show that stays too long at the party, near the end you can't wait for it to be cancelled ( I'm talking to you Grey's Anatomy)! I was thinking maybe the gang was going to break up, Leonard maybe getting a work opportunity and he and Penny moving, I'm glad they will remain intact. I did feel a little bad for Raj that he hasn't found the love of his life ( he has his dog). Like someone else said, it would have been nice if the show had flash forwarded ten years to see how it played out for everyone.

Honored Contributor

Jardan 2 I agree
I am glad they are staying in tact. Sheldon's speech was perfect. I love all the characters on this show and sad to see it end. It was nice to finally see howards kids. Very cute. I love the way the writers developed all the characters. I wouldn't mind seeing some spin offs. The season ending of young Sheldon was very emotional and touching. Didn't like seeing young Sheldon cry. It was all good though.