Honored Contributor

BIG BANG THEORY SERIES FINALE TONIGHT-5/16

[ Edited ]

The Big Bang Theory says "good-bye" tonight in a one hour episode.

A really funny show in the early years; sank a bit but will watch and say "good-bye' to "old friends".

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Re: BIG BANG THEORY SERIES FINALE TONIGHT-5/16

No predictions here, but I have loved this show from the beginning and I think they have let it run as long as it can...the characters can only go so far...and most of them have matured enough the jokes get stale if pushed any farther.

Trusted Contributor

I'm sad to see this show going.  I can't imagine ending it without Sheldon getting his Noble prize.

But on the other hand its one of those shows I watch in re-runs if there is nothing else on so it will still be around for awhile.

Contributor

I am on the East Coast, what time is it on and what station.

Honored Contributor

I will miss watching this bunch. I love the way they all grew as people and the writing was crisp and consistently funny. I don’t know how it will end, but I’ll be a little sad that it’s over. 😿

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Love this show and it never got old!  It probably never would have either.  I sure hope Penny isn't pregnant.  She didn't want kids and they should keep her true to her self.  Maybe Amy or Bernadette could be pregnant though.  I also hope none of them move but it would be nice if the elevator is finally fixed.   I'm not sure if Amy and Sheldon winning the Nobel Prize would be that great.  Having everything neatly rapped up is just boring so I hope that doesn't happen.

Esteemed Contributor

I was hoping Amy would announce a pregnancy also. I really liked this show. I am sad it’s ending. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

Love this show and it never got old!  It probably never would have either.  I sure hope Penny isn't pregnant.  She didn't want kids and they should keep her true to her self.  Maybe Amy or Bernadette could be pregnant though.  I also hope none of them move but it would be nice if the elevator is finally fixed.   I'm not sure if Amy and Sheldon winning the Nobel Prize would be that great.  Having everything neatly rapped up is just boring so I hope that doesn't happen.

Didn’t Howard get “ fixed ? “

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I will probably go into withdrawal for months after they conclude. I watch both the current shows and the reruns now. I never tired of the show, but I always looked forward to new adventures.  I like some of the predictions, but I've found that many of the shows I loved concluded with endings that not everyone liked. Many didn't like the end of Seinfeld, but where they all ended up was kind of appropriate given their antics through the years. I was hooked on Boston Legal and Ally McBeal too. As I remember, they both had quirky endings. And then there's True Blood, my big obsession for 7 years. I was totally disappointed with that ending, especially since I had read all the original books and the show kept veering way off from the original starting with the third season. Anyway, I'll watch tonight and hope that the characters are allowed to have moments of triumph one way or the other since I really don't dislike any of them.

Respected Contributor

I'll be watching.  Wonderful cast.  Last episode was so good.  I know finales are usually a let down.  I remember when I was just a kid, my parents attended a "MASH" final episode party, and most of the attendees were disappointed.  Hoping this one turns out great!