Honored Contributor

Re: BIG BANG THEORY SERIES FINALE TONIGHT-5/16

@DrKelli wrote:

I've tried to post several times, once ended up in the wellness forum and so I tried to copy and paste and that isn't working!  ARGH Technology!

I was actually underwhelmed, but I will say that it was a very sweet ending.   The show is still funny.  Sheldon's speech at the end was wonderful and I was okay with Penny being pregnant.  Some of the previews said that 2 pregnancies would be revealed--I missed the first 10 minutes (coming home from a business trip), so did I miss something?

The elevator scene with Penny was really funny.

I thought that Raj deserved more of a wrap up than he got though.

All in all, well done, Chuck Lorre!  I shall miss BBT!

@DrKelli   I agree about Raj.    It would have been nice to have some idea where he was headed into the future.

I though he looked thin, too.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

I thought this was 1 of the better series finales! I really enjoyed it. Leonard's slap on Sheldon was great! Sheldon really deserved it over the years LOL. Sheldon finally being told by multiple people that he can be a major jerk was much needed! I thought his acknowledgement of his friends at the awards ceremony including calling Howard an astronaut was very well done. 

Penny being pregnant I thought was a lame ending since for years she said she didn't want kids. 

There is chatter about a possible spinoff show with Raj and Howard so I assumed that's why they left Raj's character sort of hanging about his future? 

Honored Contributor

I can't imagine another spin-off. 

Howard without Bernadette??

I read Penny is willing to do a spin-off about...............Penny. 

What would be the point??  Just do another season with everyone-although is it true Jim Parsons didn't want to do another season?  Without Parsons it would probably tank.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I also wondered if Raj and some of the other characters would be involved in a spinoff.  It could be decent.....Sheldon was always my least favorite character after the first couple of seasons.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved the way they ended Young Sheldon but I didn't care for the s/l of MeeMaw's love interest having the breakdown.    It was very depressing.  It seemed to take a show that is based on comedy and make it somewhat dark.  

I think they should have had John unable to attend Shelton's breakfast broadcast party because he was suddenly called out of town or some other reason besides having that break with reality.   

I'm not sure where they are going with that particular s/l but for me, his character won't seem the same.   

On the subject of TBBT, I wanted to see a different ending for Raj.   Plus I wanted to see more of Cinnamon.  Love that Yorkie!

Respected Contributor

@Yahooey wrote:

@okaywitheasypay 

Meemaw made an appearance on BB a few years ago. Sheldon mentioned she always had candies and tissues up her sleeve.

She was introduced to Amy and the 2 did not hit it off.

BTW I love Annie Potts ever since Designing Women and Sixten Candles

@Yahooey  I knew of the appearance your speaking of , I believe she was played by the actress that was in the movie Nebraska . I agree that portrayal was off with her not liking Amy . What I was wondering if Meemaw would have been alive when he recieved Nobel Prize wouldn't he have seen that she attended ? I did not notice any relatives in the audience.

Also as to Penny not wanting children that changes many times when it happens in real life. The story was that when she drank with Sheldon in the one scene then came home and was with Leonard she was buzzed and probably didn't use birth control, she referenced that in the show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Yahooey wrote:

@okaywitheasypay 

Meemaw made an appearance on BB a few years ago. Sheldon mentioned she always had candies and tissues up her sleeve.

She was introduced to Amy and the 2 did not hit it off.

BTW I love Annie Potts ever since Designing Women and Sixten Candles

@Yahooey   Did that episode with Meemaw on BBT air before Young Sheldon?

I couldn't imagine the Meemaw in Young Sheldon being that way to Amy.

@Cakers3 

enjoy this video of MeeMaw played by June Squibb and it was before Young Sheldon

https://youtu.be/PSsF7GnoAAw

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 12.38.44 PM.png

Honored Contributor

@okaywitheasypay 

I don't recall any mention of MeeMaw passing. 

Respected Contributor

Just watched the retro and the final episode.  Haven’t watched BBT much in maybe two years.  The best episodes were the early ones.  My favorite was the Billy Bob Thornton one, OMG did i roar.  I always thought Sheldon should be with Penny.  

Frequent Contributor

I really enjoyed the ending of this show. BIG Bang Theory was never about drama so I feel it was good. Didn't really enjoy Penny being pregnant when she expressed many times she didn't want kids but it didn't ruin it for me. Sheldon's speech to thank each of his friends was very touching. Ending with them on the couch eating take out was and talking was fitting.

I laughed out loud when he said he had coitus after seeing The Avengers trailer.