Honored Contributor

Re: BETTY BRODERICK STORY ON REELZ

@Mz iMac wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

did they actually have the mini-series on or is this something new?

WHAAAAT!!!!!  You never saw the mini series? faint.gif

It's on YouTube...

Part I https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VNLwdmmRdA

Part II - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGaz-yfy4vs

@Mz iMac  These were two separate tv movies aired a year or so from each other, and I recorded them,  I recently bought the DVD of the two, great, thought Meredith was wonderful in them.

Honored Contributor

In the movie they made Linda look like the victim-had no idea that she tormented Betty......................

anyway-what kind of woman goes out with a man knowing he is married and has children?

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Honored Contributor

@catlover wrote:

In the movie they made Linda look like the victim-had no idea that she tormented Betty......................

anyway-what kind of woman goes out with a man knowing he is married and has children?

A woman with ulterior motives.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw the movie with Meredith Baxter playing Betty. I understand her frustrations, but she needed to concentrate on her children, and gettting more money from the divorce.  By stalking him and his gf, it made her lose custody of the kids and made her look like  she was unstable.  I know they didn't let her out this January , because she still shows no remorse for the victims. I wonder if her children have contact with her, and how their lives are.

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/Betty-Brodericks-Children   (interesting)

Honored Contributor

From time to time, Lifetime re-airs the movies.   As somebody else said, Meredith Baxter really killed in the role of BB.   It's one to see, for sure.

I haven't watched this Reelz piece yet but I'm pretty sure I have it in 'My Shows' waiting for me since I do have a Pass for this show 'Murder Made Me Famous'.

Honored Contributor

Well I am going to have to watch this on Reelz....I saw the mini series a couple of times, with Meredith Baxter-she was really really good in her role, and made you think wow what a nutcase, but there is always two sides to every story-not saying at all that Betty should have shot and killed them, but I can understand pushing someone to their breaking point, and then the person snaps.......I have always been interested in this story....Reelz always has something good on! 

Honored Contributor

Nut case.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I watched it.  Around 11:00p tonight, I will be watching the mini series which is burned onto a personal DVD.

=======

Can't say I agree w/what Betty did but I understand!

@Mz iMac  Betty really is something.  I guess she came up for parole last January and the parole hearing lasted 11hours!  They denied Betty Parole as they felt she still had no remorse for the two murders.  She can not apply for parole again now for 15 years when she will be 85.

I say throw away the key!  

@SeaMaiden    @catlover

Betty is CRAZY .......   I actually spoke to Betty about 6 months before she killed them.    

I was facilitating divorce support groups at the time, and somehow she got my unlisted home phone number.   She went on and on about what they did and she couldn't even get a decent lawyer because of her husband's connections ... I kept going back and forth between thinking she was crazy and feeling very, very sorry for her.  

What really concerned me was that she wanted to drive up from San Diego and "meet" with me, although I had no idea what she expected me to do.    There was no way I'd be in the same room with her!  The longer she talked, the more unstable her conversation became.

It was the most emotionally exhausting phone conversation I've ever had .....  it seemed to go on forever.   

If the parole hearing lasted eleven hours, I'm pretty sure everyone there thought they can't, in good conscience, ever let her out.    

Such a sad situation, and such a volatile, unbalanced woman.   

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

I watched it.  Around 11:00p tonight, I will be watching the mini series which is burned onto a personal DVD.

=======

Can't say I agree w/what Betty did but I understand!

@Mz iMac  Betty really is something.  I guess she came up for parole last January and the parole hearing lasted 11hours!  They denied Betty Parole as they felt she still had no remorse for the two murders.  She can not apply for parole again now for 15 years when she will be 85.

I say throw away the key!  

@SeaMaiden    @catlover

Betty is CRAZY .......   I actually spoke to Betty about 6 months before she killed them.    

I was facilitating divorce support groups at the time, and somehow she got my unlisted home phone number.   She went on and on about what they did and she couldn't even get a decent lawyer because of her husband's connections ... I kept going back and forth between thinking she was crazy and really feeling sorry for her.  

What really concerned me was that she wanted to drive up from San Diego and "meet" with me, although I had no idea what she expected that I could do.    There was no way I'd be in the same room with her!

It was the most emotionally exhausting phone conversation I've ever had .....  it seemed to go on forever.   

If the parole hearing lasted eleven hours, I'm pretty sure everyone there thought they can't, in good conscience, ever let her out.    

Such a sad situation, and such a volatile, unbalanced woman.   

OMGosh...Where do you live Tnkrbl?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1

Los Angeles.   Pretty creepy, huh?    That was something I'll never forget!