Honored Contributor

Re: BETTER CALL SAUL SEASON 4 MONDAY 8/6/18 AMC

@mousiegirl wrote:

@nougat wrote:

@NickNack

i thought the Cinnabon Jimmy is his present new identity he got when he left Albuqueqe because he is Gene Tavaris (?) at the Cinnabon. so isnt that the future part and then they go back to him being Jimmy  (past)  before he becomes Saul (BB) ??

@nougat  It has to be in the future because Saul is bald and old in the hospital.  What the point of showing that in the first episode only to make us wait until the end of the season to find out what it meant, is beyond me.

Foreshadowing?

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@just bee wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Did everyone watch?  

I am not up on every detail from the previous season so I felt a bit lost in the very beginning in the piece with the ominous taxi driver.

Who knows what that was about?

@GingerPeach

The driver had an Albuquerque Isotopes (our minor league baseball team) souvenir hanging from the mirror.  Saul Goodman's face was pretty well-known; could the driver have recognized him?

It's hard to disappear completely -- even in Omaha.

@just bee  Jimmy worked for Cinnabon long before he was Saul.  I don't know what the significance of that was either, but I don't think it had anythingto do with Saul.  I don't know why Jimmy had that other man's i.d. at the hospital.  Of course, I could be completely wrong, but I think that was all prior to him becoming Saul.

@NickNack  In the hospital, he was balding and older, so had to have happened after he became Saul unless Jimmy/Saul is wearing a toupe, lol.

Honored Contributor

@nougat wrote:

@NickNack

i thought the Cinnabon Jimmy is his present new identity he got when he left Albuqueqe because he is Gene Tavaris (?) at the Cinnabon. so isnt that the future part and then they go back to him being Jimmy  (past)  before he becomes Saul (BB) ??

@nougat  You're probably right, but I'm very confused.  I didn't know what his name was at Cinnabon.  I thought it was in the past because it was in black and white and he had a moustache.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

@NickNack

@mousiegirl

im confused how to write this, all I know is when he left BB he got a new identity as the Cinnabon Manager Gene Tavaris (sp?) so the show is going back to pre-BB days before he was Saul starting with him as Jimmy.

the black and white is the future (i said present in previous post, meant future of jimmy).

after he becomes Gene with new identity from BB days. he thinks the cab driver recognizes him from BB days in Albuqueqe thats why he is afraid, because he is in his new older identity now (future). then the colored parts pick up to the story of Jimmy before becoming Saul and his life from Jimmy to Saul.

Gene is the way future after he leaves BB as Saul to get a new identity from all his criminal dealings with dangerous people. Make sense??

Super Contributor

Plus, he would NEVER work as a Cinnabon Manager unless he had to for a new identity in Omaha Nebraska. he hates that life and job, too boring for him.

remember the end of BB they sent him to Omaha with new identity? as Gene !

Honored Contributor

@nougat wrote:

@NickNack

@mousiegirl

im confused how to write this, all I know is when he left BB he got a new identity as the Cinnabon Manager Gene Tavaris (sp?) so the show is going back to pre-BB days before he was Saul starting with him as Jimmy.

the black and white is the future (i said present in previous post, meant future of jimmy).

after he becomes Gene with new identity from BB days. he thinks the cab driver recognizes him from BB days in Albuqueqe thats why he is afraid, because he is in his new older identity now (future). then the colored parts pick up to the story of Jimmy before becoming Saul and his life from Jimmy to Saul.

Gene is the way future after he leaves BB as Saul to get a new identity from all his criminal dealings with dangerous people. Make sense??

@nougat  I need to keep a copy of this to remember it.  I can barely keep up with what you wrote although I do understand it.  I would never have figured that out, and I did watch every episode of BB and every one of BCS.  I guess it's been so long since I've seen BB that I don't remember any of that.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@nougat wrote:

@NickNack

@mousiegirl

@nougat  Except that in season 3, he becomes Saul in episode six.

Honored Contributor

I suspect someone from the Walking Dead franchise was hired and started to use their annoying flashback/future scenes in this franchise.

I hope they fire that person soon.  (OK, don't take that seriously.  I'm joking.)

Failing that, I'll might just have to watch it once it comes out on DVD since week-to-week (plus commercials) is much too distracting and confusing.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

If anyone watched Breaking Bad you would know, as @deepwaterdotter pointed out, that this is, indeed, foreshadowing.

Think back to when Walt had the pink stuffed animal floating in his pool, helicopters were over his house, Albuquerque homes were burning in the distance and body bags were lined up on his property.

It was all explained in later episodes (Jane's dad's error led to two planes colliding over the city).

And, yes, when Saul was at the vacuum repair shop waiting for his new identity he learned that he would be managing a Cinnabon in Omaha.

(Trivia: The vacuum repair shop is on 4th Street and last time I saw it there was a For Sale sign on it.  Cinnabon is located at Cottonwood Mall on Albuquerque's Westside.)

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

@just bee

yes!  I remember the pink stuffed animal in pool and helicopters etc. at very beginning of an ep of BB and wondered where in the heck does this fit in? and whats to come?

its like a tease at the very beginning of eps of foreshadowing what is to come!

genius!