Honored Contributor

BETTE DAVIS/JOAN CRAWFORD DOUBLE FEATURE SUNDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

[ Edited ]

dangerous1935.72196.jpg

8:00 p.m. Eastern, Sunday, TCM--   "Dangerous"    Bette Davis, Franchot Tone,  Margaret Lindsay, John Eldredge, Alison Skipworth,  D i ck Foran

Young Bette is tempestuous as a gifted actress on the skids because of drinking and general poor behavior.  Franchot Tone is a sweet, buttoned-up architect who is ambivalently drawn to her, despite his engagement to a more "suitable" woman.

MV5BOTU5ZDA0OGEtMzY5NC00NjEzLTg1NDctNTE0MDgxNWUxOGQ2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMTMyMDg@._V1_.jpg

Bette earned an Oscar for a very interesting, typically (for her) risk-taking performance.   You can see why the well-bred Tone can't turn away from her, despite the misgivings of his more sober-minded self...

9:45 Eastern--   "Mildred Pierce"   Joan Crawford, Zachary Scott, Eve Arden, Ann Blyth, Jack Carson, Bruce Bennett

We all have fun watching Joan climb to the entrepreneurial top, encumbered by her ungrateful daughter, and men who may not have her best interest at heart (understatement).  Eve Arden is a gem, as always. Joan and "Monty Beragon" ( Zachary Scott) have possibly the best Forties' beach house ever, wouldn't you agree?

Still photographs never convey the charisma and authority of Zachary Scott onscreen.  Whether he's a rotter or a hero, he's watchable!

MV5BYzEwMzE5M2MtOGQ0Ny00YTUxLWI1OTgtNWFjZjFiM2I4YTBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQWxiaWFtb250._V1_.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: BETTE DAVIS/JOAN CRAWFORD DOUBLE FEATURE SUNDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN

I'd smacked the s*i* out of Veda  !!!!

Respected Contributor

I look forward to watching both of these movies again, especially Mildred Pierce. I liked the HBO limited series Mildred Pierce from a few years ago, too.

@Oznell  Thanks for the headsup

Honored Contributor

Any movie Bette Davis is in is worth watching, she was such a gifted actress throughout her career.  These roles seemed to suit her, she played them so well,   I will definitely record this movie, I believe I have seen it but if I did, I will enjoy it again.   I do not tire of seeing her movies, she was that good.

As far as Mildred Pierce, it is a classic.  I have seen it many times and it is one of Crawford's great performances along with the entire cast.  Zackary Scott and his beach house, very nice!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

those 2 women must had been pretty stupid in Mildred P.

Fawning over that low life loser and gold digger Scott.

Veda needed a good change of attitude and Mildred needed a shrink. Zack Scott needed to work the streets.

Respected Contributor

The gorgeous  Ann Blyth, now 94 years old.

MV5BYWYzNDhiYzgtMTk1Ni00ZDM5LWEwODQtYTUzNjlhMTU0NGZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpgMV5BYzE0MTE3MGQtNmVjZi00NmQxLThiMWMtZjhkMjhkMjkyZTM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTg5NzIwMDU@._V1_.jpg9516af2eedb1616b41eb60887c8a5a57.jpg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

March 1946, Oscar nominated Ann attends the ceremony with her mother.

She is wearing a backbrace after a toboggan accident which fractured her spine.  She was initially told she would never walk again.

Warner's designed and crafted her gown to cover the brace.

Sadly, her mother passed later that year.  Still a teenager, relatives moved to California to care for Ann as she continued her career.

A and mom oscars 2.JPG

Respected Contributor

Ann visits Oscar winner Joan after the ceremony.

46oscarblyth12.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Oznell  What Network?

Honored Contributor

@Commoner Exec Mr Wilkes wrote:

The gorgeous  Ann Blyth, now 94 years old.

MV5BYWYzNDhiYzgtMTk1Ni00ZDM5LWEwODQtYTUzNjlhMTU0NGZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI3MDk3MzQ@._V1_.jpgMV5BYzE0MTE3MGQtNmVjZi00NmQxLThiMWMtZjhkMjhkMjkyZTM0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTg5NzIwMDU@._V1_.jpg9FA1AEEF1-3806-4557-A629-9E9CE5E01A95.jpeg

Today at 94