Honored Contributor

BETTE DAVIS ALL DAY TUESDAY TCM

202ede748cf075a6b14e98d6b739902b.jpg

If you remember, November is Bette Davis month on TCM, and Tuesdays are her designated day:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/index.html?tz=est&sdate=2019-11-12

They're saving some of her best for later in the month, but tomorrow has some notables.  It also has some of her more frivolous, lesser known outings, which are just fun to see.

6:15 a.m. Eastern--  "Front Page Woman".      Newspaper comedy drama in which intrepid reporters George Brent and Bette Davis alternately romance and compete with each other.  Love Brent and Davis together.

Rounding out the morning,  "Bordertown" and "Dangerous",  in which she stars with Paul Muni and Franchot Tone, respectively, are always worth a look.

1:30 p.m. Eastern--  "The Petrified Forest".    Acclaimed, riveting hostage drama set in a remote Arizona cafe, with blockbuster casting of Leslie Howard, Humphrey Bogart, and Bette.

6:15 p.m. Eastern--  "Marked Woman".      Bette is involved in a shady enterprise and becomes a witness for district attorney Humphrey Bogart.   Young Bette tackles "wrong side of the tracks" roles with such gusto!

Then in rapid succession starting in prime time at 8:00 p.m. Eastern, some well-aired classics kick in,  "Jezebel",  "Dark Victory",  "The Old Maid" and "The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex"..... 

Honored Contributor

Re: BETTE DAVIS ALL DAY TUESDAY TCM

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

Super Contributor

Hurray !!!!!  Going to be cold and miserable tomorrow. So I will cozy up and do home chores !!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy my DVR is going to explode. She was awesome, can't wait. ❤️❤️

Valued Contributor

Thank you for info.

I've always loved her movies.