Esteemed Contributor

Re: BELOW DECK THAILAND 2019

@jellyBEAN wrote:

Finished viewing episode of 1/21.  More of the same.  Next week will be the last charter so the season is winding down.  Kevin seems to be stepping it up in his galley even with having hurt his back.  Not sure about next week though.

Rhylee sure doesn't fit in with these guys, but she got off to a bad start with them.  Did Ashton poison their thoughts of her?  I think he was willing to make a go of it, but knew how volatile she was, and just gave up on her.  And the others followed suit.  Tonight she even had it in for Kate (and I thought they were friends?).

Courtney sure is a whiner.  Run Brian Run!!  Tanner is a sleezeball.  The way the guys were talking to him about getting w/Kate was gross.  If Kate has ANY brains, she'll not hook up w/Tanner.  If she does, she's really a foolish woman and will look foolish on national TV.  I think she'll see reality and not go thru w/it, despite how she feels about Simone.  As far as girl code goes, imo, Kate is breaking girl code, despite how she is dismissing it because Simone and Tanner are no longer currently seeing each other romantically. 

Hard to know if this is "normal" behavior, esp. at the end of the night and Captn. Lee came out reprimanding them about the noise.  By the way how do they get the poison out of the scorpions so they are edible? Maybe these are poisonless scorpions?

I wonder if they will have a reunion?  I'm sorta doubtful as it seems like they are really divided and they are all from different countries.  I don't think there was a reunion with the last Below Deck - Med season.

Agree with most of your post.  Kate is always getting away with bad behavior when it comes to Capt Lee- he  seems to steer clear of  holding her accountabl;e for bad behavior - makes one  wonder if he knows that she is vindictive  or does he put a blind eye   to her bad behavior just because she   does a good job with the guests and he just wants to make the money ???  Kate is Nasty to everyone.  Ashton  gets alot of heat for his bad drunken behavior . He doesn't seem so bad on camera when he's sober  and not being egged on by the likes of Rhylee.

Rhylee is also a big personality  problem . All her yelling and fighting  then trying to rationalize  it all  talking abt how her & her sister were basically ignored or made to be silent in their parents  bed& breakfast  home. Seems to me she has unresolved anger from childhood .

I think all the crew  drink way way to much  when out - all that ETOH makes for even worse behavior . Tanner and all this " hooking up "  is disgusting and shows low self esteem .

Esteemed Contributor

@Issy379 wrote:

Hi, Dreamon.......Kate definitely broke girl code.  I can't imagine behaving in that way.  Asking Rhylee that question about the hook up was really gross to me.  I wonder about these people......

This  also shows Kate's  real personality. By the way , thought she had been into girls  as she had a steady girl friend  a few seasons ago .  Kate throws the barbs - she can dish it but she can't take any barbs coming her way  . She returns by being vindictive

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Issy379 wrote:

Hi, Dreamon.......Kate definitely broke girl code.  I can't imagine behaving in that way.  Asking Rhylee that question about the hook up was really gross to me.  I wonder about these people......

This  also shows Kate's  real personality. By the way , thought she had been into girls  as she had a steady girl friend  a few seasons ago .  Kate throws the barbs - she can dish it but she can't take any barbs coming her way  . She returns by being vindictive

Maybe Kate was thinking  Rhylee might  join them.

Trusted Contributor

@Beachgirl42 wrote:

I don't condone Rhylee's outburst when she came back or how mouthy she gets sometimes, but I think it would be incredibly frustrating to work with the deckhands when they're all a clique that you're not a part of. They exclude her from some of the jobs and from being part of the "deck crew bros." That's got to hurt.

Plus, Ashton, who is her supervisor, should not have poisoned them about her before she even got there. And, his treatment of her has not be professional. 

I like Captain Lee and Captain Sandy; they're really different.

I also like Kate's sassiness, although she can be harsh at times.

This week's charter primaries are cringe-worthy.

Last week we had a charter guest from Bravo's Southern Charm and this week from Housewives. I wonder if they're having trouble getting guests to charter the boat or this is simply cross-promoting shows?

I agree that the "celebrity" cruisers make the this show seem less authentic.  For some reason, this show in particular is much less appealing to me when it seems scripted.

Honored Contributor

Kate was talking about not being able to or wanting to be a stewardess forever and maybe it's time to move one.  I wish she would.  I think she's horrible.  Her standing in the way of letting Kevin go into the kitchen was ridiculous.  She gets drunks and acts almost as stupid as the guys do.

I think Ashton had a bad attitude about Rhylee coming on board from the get go and then told Tanner and Brian about her rather than letting them form their own opinions.  She would have sunk herself.  She has been horrible the times I've seen her on WWHL too.  She just doesn't think she does anything wrong.    

Respected Contributor

Kate's whole tv career is built on her being a mean girl and a b****.  So she's not gonna change othewise she won't keep her job.  You're not generally allowed to be boring on these shows and keep getting your contract renewed. It's a basic tenet of reality tv.  So IMO Kate's doing a fine job!  Keep up the good work!  If they were all nice and got along we'd all be very bored.  I quite enjoyed her blocking Kevin's way in. It was perfect!  He deserved much more than that.  If she had also thrown a drink in his face it would be close to justice for what an insufferable pig that man is.  For as bad as Smashton and that imbecile Tanner are, Kevin is just the worst of them all. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think Ashton had a bad attitude about Rhylee coming on board from the get go and then told Tanner and Brian about her rather than letting them form their own opinions.  She would have sunk herself.  She has been horrible the times I've seen her on WWHL too.  She just doesn't think she does anything wrong.    

I think Ashton could have avoided all the Rhylee issues.  We know from past years that Rhylee is happiest when sharing her bed.  Tanner wants someone/anyone to share his bed.  He should have put them together from the moment she got on board.....then everybody is happy.

Respected Contributor

One more comment on this week's episode.  Did you notice that Kate decided to sit outside with the guys even after fighting with them rather than go to her cabin and face Rylee?  I think she was more than afraid to face her.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

One more comment on this week's episode.  Did you notice that Kate decided to sit outside with the guys even after fighting with them rather than go to her cabin and face Rylee?  I think she was more than afraid to face her.

@Travone, I think Kate was looking to stir up more drama with the guys.  

Honored Contributor

Something seems different with Kate this season. Maybe that is it - she is stirring up more drama, perhaps at the direction of the show (?) but, while she has had her issues, this feels way different to me.

Also, I definitely don't think Ashton is much, although I think he does his job, but Rhylee is positively HORRIBLE.   From the prior time she was there and everything always went to krap when she was involved, to now she's the same awful person who should just work alone.   Everybody got along just fine before she showed up and I don't think it's anybody's fault but her own that things went downhill.   I hope to not see her again and was actually hoping that Lee would give her a ticket home.

There is definitely a bunch of crazy on this season!