Honored Contributor

Re: BELOW DECK THAILAND 2019

this season there WILL be a two part reunion for below deck thailand.

it was filmed sometime this week.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Wow, a 2 part reunion.  Sounds like there will be a lot of arguing. 

I was just thinking about the previous season when Ashton and Rhylie were deckmates and Ashton wound up going overboard when his foot got tangled up in a rope, and Rhylie was there and saw him get pulled off, and she radioed "man overboard' and Captn. Lee reprimanded her because for such a serious thing to happen, she should have repeated "man overboard" 3 times - and do so loudly - not mumble it into the radio like she did. 

I think Ashton got on Rhylie's case about tying the rope knots correctly because he knows first hand how quickly things can go wrong and how quickly things like ropes need to be able to be released quickly.  If she's refusing to tie the correct knots cause she doesn't think its important, she's a jerk.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I watched WWHL Monday and Kevin was on.  Some of the other castmates were in the audience as well and Andy said they were taping the reunion the next day.

Anyone notice that Kate wasn't wearing any of her stripes Monday during charter?  She posted a photo and said that she didn't wear them because it didn't seem to matter to some of the crew how many she had.   

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I watched WWHL Monday and Kevin was on.  Some of the other castmates were in the audience as well and Andy said they were taping the reunion the next day.

Anyone notice that Kate wasn't wearing any of her stripes Monday during charter?  She posted a photo and said that she didn't wear them because it didn't seem to matter to some of the crew how many she had.   

Who decides how many stripes they get?  Is there an industry standard or is it up to the Captain?  If it is up to the Captain, then they don't mean anything.....she can do no wrong in Capt. Lee's eyes.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I'm starting to realize the problem with this show, and many reality shows. Is that their job isn't REALLY to work on the boat, but rather, to star in the show.  Kate has upped her antics quite a bit this season and although I've been a fan of hers, and her fabulously b***** attitude, this week was too over the top with letting Kevin make a total fool of himself.  I think it was just done for the audience, if she really cared about the success of the charter she never would have done that.  Same with Rhylee and her behavior.  She doesn't even try to get along with the deck crew.  Everyone wants to be the most outrageous character.  It's getting to be a bit much.  That being said, I still love this show!  They just need to be a bit more subtle with their strategies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

this season there WILL be a two part reunion for below deck thailand.

it was filmed sometime this week.

Oh, that's good to know.  Thank You.

I wonder if it will be under the BD show name or Andy's WWHL show.   Sometimes it's one and other times it's the other.

ETA - Oops!   Why didn't I check the Tivo Guide first.  d'oh!   Anyway, I see on Mon 2/10 the first Reunion episode that is under the Below Deck show title.   good, so Tivo knows to pick it up.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Who decides how many stripes they get?  Is there an industry standard or is it up to the Captain?  If it is up to the Captain, then they don't mean anything.....she can do no wrong in Capt. Lee's eyes.

@Travone, I don't really know how that all works.  I do remember earlier in the season she gave Courtney a set of stripes.  But it seemed like it was more to get at Simone than because she thought Courtney was all that fantastic.  

Respected Contributor

Well I found the season finale very disappointing.  Nobody really made up, they all left on lousy terms.  I'm just happy Kate didn't sleep with that loser Tanner.  Even drunk, she came to her senses.  I hope Kevin is NEVER invited back to this show again. He is the worst chef ever, period.  What a child. How can he be a father when he is no more mature than a 7 year old. Kicking sand in a woman's face.  What a pig.  Captain Lee ironing his shirts was the highlight of the show.  I hope he goes back to the Caribbean next time. 

Honored Contributor

I was shocked that Ashton kept himself together.  

Kevin is disgusting.  He was so upset that Kate told him he was a bad chef but yet before she said that, he told her he didn't think she was a good chief stew.  But why Kate went after him to say good-bye to him I have no idea.  Oh yeah.  For the show.  Why would he say good-bye to her?  He couldn't stand her and she couldn't stand him.  

I know Kate moved to NYC and I'm hoping she is moving on to do something else.  I hope we never see Kevin back nor Tanner or Ashton for that matter.  And I really never want to see Rhylee again.    

Respected Contributor

The final episode was anti-climatic.  I kinda wish Kate was foolish enough to hook up w/Tanner because she was so mean this season.  Even the charter guests picked up on her RBF and stand-offish behavior.  It was sort of the boys against the girls this season.  I didn't really get the whole 'exotic' cake thing.  Did the guest request a risque cake like that?  She wound up going to her room before it came out.  The other women there appeared to not know anything about it.  I don't blame Kevin for being embarrassed.

They were sort of a forgettable cast.  I don't know that we'll see any of them again except for Kate and maybe Ashton and of course Captain Lee.

I'll be watching the reunion but I hope Andy doesn't focus on Kate Kate Kate the entire show.  She's not all that.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing