Honored Contributor

Re: BELOW DECK THAILAND 2019

Taking into consideration that the crew gets black out drunk, violent, and an embarrassment to their employer and themselves...maybe there should be a clause in their contract that states if they drink excessively while on charter  they immediately lose their job.

They come back to the boat ossified and could fall overboard. I am surprised an employee is allowed to drink like that while staying/living on a boat owned by their employer.

I don't even know how they find their way back to the boat.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

While I agree that what Ashton did was wrong, Kate didn't seem to be rejecting his advances either.  Both times Ashton kissed Kate, she laughed/giggled about it and then made smart comments afterwards.  Had he come at me in the van to kiss me the way he did Kate, he would have gotten a smack across his face.  All of this was fueled by alcohol on BOTH of their parts.  Again, not an excuse but Kate shouldn't have kept talking about Ashton's family.  And I think had Kate been sober, she would have handled this differently as well.   But she just wouldn't stop in that van.    

Kate did address this on WWHL because she got a lot of questions asking why she didn't tell Captain Lee what happened in the van that night.  She said it was because people already think she gets preferential treatment by the Captain and she didn't want them to think that's what was happening again so she felt she would just handle it herself.  

A lot of this IMO is very scripted and staged. There is no doubt in my mind that Captain Lee knew Kate had left the boat and wasn't back.  

Kate has no one to blame but herself for people not liking her so all the crying and carrying on falls on deaf ears with me.  Look in the mirror honey.     

Kate pushed Ashton away both times he grabbed her and stuck his tongue down her throat. Given Ashtons propensity for violence and entitlement, she was smart not to do anything really physical against him. She was also surrounded by other entitled drunk males in an enclosed space. Clearly the camera people do not get involved although they should have when Ashton went after Kate. It took Kevin and Tanner to stop him before he punched the cab window in frustration. As far as Ashton's mom, The 'boys' were teasing Tanner about his mom and Kate was trying to divert attention by saying 'what about your mom' to Ashton. Hardly fighting words before Ashton went after her.

I know  much is staged, but attempted violence should have been addressed immediately by Bravo.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

When Kate and Ashton were in the bar and he went over to her and kissed her, Kate stood there and did nothing.  It looked like she was kissing him back.  It wasn't until her interview that she started waving her hands and saying no, that's gross.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm still watching it.  BD and BDM are my favorite Bravo/Reality shows although this season has not been as interesting.  I'm so sick of the Bro Club that has formed and all of them need to grow up, get counseling and/or cut waaaaaay back on drinking.  Kate has been off to me this whole season.  In the past, she would have ripped Kevin, Ashton and anybody else that continually crossed her a good one.  She's been relatively mellow about all the things they've said and done to her.  I know Captain Lee was ticked off at her when she returned to the boat, but if it had been anybody else, their plane ticket would have been handed to them on the spot.  Also, if I'm remembering correctly, she never really explained to him (in detail) why she took off.  

I'm so hoping there is a reunion but I've not heard anything about one other than the 100th episode special that airs next Monday.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I'm still watching it.  BD and BDM are my favorite Bravo/Reality shows although this season has not been as interesting.  I'm so sick of the Bro Club that has formed and all of them need to grow up, get counseling and/or cut waaaaaay back on drinking.  Kate has been off to me this whole season.  In the past, she would have ripped Kevin, Ashton and anybody else that continually crossed her a good one.  She's been relatively mellow about all the things they've said and done to her.  I know Captain Lee was ticked off at her when she returned to the boat, but if it had been anybody else, their plane ticket would have been handed to them on the spot.  Also, if I'm remembering correctly, she never really explained to him (in detail) why she took off.  

I'm so hoping there is a reunion but I've not heard anything about one other than the 100th episode special that airs next Monday.

@shoptilyadropagain, Kate and Captain Lee are very close.  I see pictures of them on social media attending events together, along with his wife.  He has also said on the show that Kate is like a daughter to him.  She claims on WWHL she didn't tell him what happened because the crew already thinks she gets preferential treatment so she wanted to handle this herself. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain, Kate and Captain Lee are very close.  I see pictures of them on social media attending events together, along with his wife.  He has also said on the show that Kate is like a daughter to him.  She claims on WWHL she didn't tell him what happened because the crew already thinks she gets preferential treatment so she wanted to handle this herself. 

@Lipstickdiva  Yes, I'm aware of how close they are as I follow them on social media.  I felt Kate owned it to CL to let him know where she was during her time away and when/if she would be back (yeah, we all knew she would be back).  It's a respect thing for me.  I also feel this is one instance where he needed to be made aware of what she had dealt with the night before.  I would have been fearful for my life at Ashton's anger and I know she was frightened as well much less the unwanted advances he made on her (again).  Both of these were major items that Captain Lee needed to be made aware of, IMHO.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I just read that Kate and Captain Lee are going to be on a Caribbean "fan cruise" this year.  Celebrity Equinox.  Sounds pretty boring!  

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain, I still think Captain Lee knew Kate was gone and that she would be back.  I think that was all for the cameras.  I don't think he knew what really went on though that caused her to leave.

I also think bringing Rhylee back was strictly for the show and to add drama.  Nothing more.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain, I still think Captain Lee knew Kate was gone and that she would be back.  I think that was all for the cameras.  I don't think he knew what really went on though that caused her to leave.

I also think bringing Rhylee back was strictly for the show and to add drama.  Nothing more.   

@Lipstickdiva Yes, I was going to mention in my response to you that I wondered how much production was involved in the incident and whether they informed Captain Lee of Kate's departure and what had transpired the night before. 

- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

did anyone watch tonights show 1/13/19?

alexis (formerly of RHOOC) is putting on a good show for the cameras and for her EX, dont you think? Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein