Honored Contributor

Re: BELOW DECK THAILAND 2019

i have been watching, but i think this season is pretty lackluster.

have you all seen the new BELOW DECK show that is coming up? chef adam is back. it is called BELOW DECK SAILING YACHT.

PREVIEW:

https://www.bravotv.com/below-deck-sailing-yacht/season-1/videos/your-first-look-at-below-deck-saili...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

It doesn't say when this new iteration will air.  I'm just wondering if my existing Pass will pick it up.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

It doesn't say when this new iteration will air.  I'm just wondering if my existing Pass will pick it up.

@chickenbutt 

february 3rd.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@chickenbutt 

february 3rd.

Thank You!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I am a little sick of Capt Lee this season.  

Valued Contributor

I have to say I am really annoyed that Kate didn't tell Captain Lee exactly what Ashton did in the van.  He was aggressive and violent punching the window.  Kevin and Tanner both had to keep him down.  Since Ashton says he doesn't remember what happened both Kevin and Tanner should have told him how bad he was.  Kate should have told the captain that she left because she was afraid for her safety until Ashton sobered up.  Being drunk is no excuse for that kind of behavior!  He knows he gets aggressive when he drinks and he gets smashing drunk any way. 

I thing Ashton is really frustrated because he hasn't "hooked up" with any of the woman, and any time he tried to kiss Kate she rejected him.  That man needs a lot of therapy, and I think he should have been fired for the way he acted!  Okay - I had to vent - sorry everyone!  Oh I almost forgot.  Any time Kevin screws up - which is often - he blames Kate!  That's ridculous.

Respected Contributor

@daisy4   I agree w/everything you just posted.  Ashton does not respect women or any type of boundaries in regards to women.  Ashton is not all that he thinks he is.  The way he tries to grab onto or force a kiss or contact w/someone who is not even remotely giving him the time of day is scary.  If I was Kate I would have been scared.  I thought Ashton might have busted up his hand the way he punched that window, and then he'd have some xplaining to do to Captn Lee about how THAT happened. 

Brian is the only guy I like on the program and he is smitten with that dud Courtney.  She was so uppity when they went on their little date to get a drink and they both appeared miserable.  Why he keeps trying to please her I don't know. 

I do think Captn Lee is more bark than bite.  He always talks tough in his interviews, but when the stuff hits the fan, he seems to recoil and back off. 

Kate has RBF, and always has.  I don't think she is very nice to her staff OR the guests.  She just seems to tolerate everyone around her.  I'll be watching the Below Deck Sailboat edition when it comes on.  Doesn't seem like they will have as much room on a boat like that.  More day or 2 day trips I'd xpect.  Cat Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

Ashton should have been sent home immediately after sexually assaulting Kate and having to be restrained to avoid doing her physical harm. He has stuck his tongue down her throat without consent more than once. The mysoginist boys club on this season borders on obscene. There is not a single male crew member who has any regard or respect for women. Rhylie was verbally abused by Ashton from the moment he found out she was coming aboard and his 'bros' followed his lead. I have to give Capt Lee a pass, given to the personal issues that he was dealing with this season.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

While I agree that what Ashton did was wrong, Kate didn't seem to be rejecting his advances either.  Both times Ashton kissed Kate, she laughed/giggled about it and then made smart comments afterwards.  Had he come at me in the van to kiss me the way he did Kate, he would have gotten a smack across his face.  All of this was fueled by alcohol on BOTH of their parts.  Again, not an excuse but Kate shouldn't have kept talking about Ashton's family.  And I think had Kate been sober, she would have handled this differently as well.   But she just wouldn't stop in that van.    

Kate did address this on WWHL because she got a lot of questions asking why she didn't tell Captain Lee what happened in the van that night.  She said it was because people already think she gets preferential treatment by the Captain and she didn't want them to think that's what was happening again so she felt she would just handle it herself.  

A lot of this IMO is very scripted and staged. There is no doubt in my mind that Captain Lee knew Kate had left the boat and wasn't back.  

Kate has no one to blame but herself for people not liking her so all the crying and carrying on falls on deaf ears with me.  Look in the mirror honey.     

Respected Contributor

I just can't understand why they have to get fully blackout drunk when they go out. Why not just get moderately super wasted???  How much fun is it if you can't remember?  They are the worst of the reality drunk stars, except perhaps Floribama shore which takes the cake.  Eveyrone gets so incredibly belligerant and idiotic and nobody has a good time. I am surprised Captain Lee puts up with this. He alwasy says "don't embarass yourself or the boat"  but they always do just that.  I hope Tanner falls overboard he is such a useless piece of trash.  And he can take Smashton with him.  I'm disappointed, he was doing so good the beginning of the season.  Now he's back to his old ways and I hate him again.