Respected Contributor

Re: BELOW DECK THAILAND 2019

I'm on the chef's side.  He cooks up what seems to be fabulous meals for the guests - they are all raving about how delicious everything is - so he is concerned that the food is not being served promptly and no attention to the details by the stew crew - so I see his side of it.

However the 2nd stew up for breakfast duty could not handle making fresh fruit drinks and gettings coffees and teas for the on board party guests, let alone handle serving all the breakfast items.  The 3rd stew was scheduled for the late shift.  Kate was in bed. 

Abbie the deckhand seems like an air head.  She's got all that hair flying around all the time.  Ashton was right, if he had been stuck w/Abbie on the beach instead of Tanner (sp?) he would never have gotten the small boat pushed back into the deeper water. 

Not sure I'm liking Captain Lee.  I realize his son passed from an OD.  Was that before or after this season was filmed?  He's so crabby around the crew, except for Kate that is.  He has always taken a shine to her. 

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

I'm not liking this season at all.  I like Captain Lee and Kate but the rest of them are just meh to me.  

To be fair to Kate, the one guest specifically told her they wanted a late breakfast, between 10 and 11.  Then they all were up and wanted drinks and breakfast a couple hours earlier.  I think that's why she only had the one stew up to get things ready.  

I was watching WWHL last week and Kate and Captain Lee were on.  Not sure what happened but Kate and Hannah got into some kind of fight and are no longer friends.  Kate said something on the show about Hannah's tablescapes being terrible. LOL That's not the exact word she used.     

Honored Contributor

@luvbnagirl wrote:

I'm looking forward to this new season.  Love the BD franchises.  BDM was very disappointing this season.  Literally, nothing happened.  Nothing!  I guess there wasn't much need for a reunion.  

I agree. Although I more or less gave up on it and stopped watching, it seemed to be going nowhere fast. I also think this was among the least interesting crews ever and most of them not particularly likable. There were so many fits and starts with the crew, changing out the chefs, changing out the stews, it just never seemed to gel.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I watched last night and thought it was very upsetting to see the guest (Brandy) totally intoxicated the entire time. 

She actually looks like she is near death by the end of the episode....not entertaining to me at all. 

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

I watched last night and thought it was very upsetting to see the guest (Brandy) totally intoxicated the entire time. 

She actually looks like she is near death by the end of the episode....not entertaining to me at all. 

I was watching the 90 day tell all......is this Brandy Glanville?

Respected Contributor

@Travone wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

I was watching the 90 day tell all......is this Brandy Glanville?

No.  This is another woman named Brandy who seemed to be out of it and drunk from the time she boarded the yacht.  She was one of the hangers on to the couple who were the primary charter guests.  It's a wonder she could get her bathing suit on!!

Trusted Contributor

I've always liked the BD and BDM...this season I'm not liking the cast as much as I usually do.

So far I'm on the chef's side as well..Kate needs to step it up, instead of running to Cap Lee. They are all getting off to an ugly start.

This guest, Brandy is severely messed up..chemical imbalance or something worse !!

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

This is what I had in my head the whole time, I watched Monday night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39Z80oHUZOw 

Brandy (Looking Glass)

I believe there was a whole lot more going on than being intoxicated.  Apparently she posted on her instagram page that she was having an anxiety attack.  Perhaps, but she was also downing everybody's mimosas the first morning and who knows what she did before she arrived at the yacht on the first day.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Just got done watching tonight's episode.  Well the Chef did goof up w/the Captain's portion of the meal (was that scripted or an honest mistake?), but I like this Chef for some reason, and feel that Kate was a tattle tale running to Capt. Lee the prior week and complaining that Kevin wasn't "staying in his lane" and how dare he criticize her stew staff.  After all a charter guest did come down to the kitchen and ask for something that should have been provided up on deck for breakfast, Kevin saw that, thought it unprofessional of the wait staff, and thus spoke up about it, that the service was sub par.  Kate took offense.  And since she is Capt. Lee's favorite, (for whatever reason) he sides w/her. 

They received quite a large tip and I believe that was because they really njoyed Kevin's food.  He seems to plate well and he keeps that galley spotless - he is always cleaning up.  If they do wind up replacing Kevin, I think they'd be making a big mistake.

All these boys have the hots for the girls.  They go out n get drunk.  They're all in a working relationship making it very awkward I would think. 

That one guest - Brandy - was a walking disaster (when she was upright).  Glad those people are gone.  Weird weird weird.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jellyBEAN wrote:

They do have a good looking crew this year.  And a new chef who we haven't seen before.  He sure does keep his kitchen immaculate and so far the guests seem to luv his food.  He seems more creative and intense than the other chefs.  Kate is right - he looks like a cross between Tom Cruise and Hugh Grant - she hit it right on the nose with that one.

My DH walked past the other day when I was watching, and said "what happened to all the pretty women that used to be on this show?"  He thinks the current group of gals are not attractive at all (he actually used a not so nice word to describe them).  I kinda feel the same way about the guys - maybe it is because they have no personalities (can make a handsome man  seem/appear not so handsome).