Esteemed Contributor

Re: BELOW DECK THAILAND 2019

@chickenbutt wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

i was disappointed that there was no reunion either.

Ditto that!

I kept looking through the guide for the show (BDM) and for Andy's show, since some of them have been on his show, and never found anything.

I think one thing I wanted to know about was that initial chef they had this season who, it seems, wasn't actually a chef at all.   That whole thing was pretty squirrely.

Haven't watched E01 of this new season of BD yet, but am looking forward to a new season but in the previews they never showed the chef.   I keep hoping it's Ben but he sounds like he's not doing yacht cheffing  so much anymore.

@chickenbutt ....The Bravo web site has the crew for this season up and you can see who will be chef (as well as the other crew members).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I'll give it a glance. I want to like this show since I have always been fascinated by yachting--the boats, the lifestyle, the food, etc.  I love Captain Lee, but don't care for the boringly self-absorbed Kate.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Shop!  Smiley Happy

One other thing for me is that I have kind of preferred the BD show over the BDM show because I really don't like Sandy.  I don't totally dislike her, but I just don't like her at all.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt ...I totally agree about Captain Sandy.  I wanted to really like her when she first started but I just don't care for her management skills.  Bottom line, she's inconsistant.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Frequent Contributor

I'm looking forward to this new season.  Love the BD franchises.  BDM was very disappointing this season.  Literally, nothing happened.  Nothing!  I guess there wasn't much need for a reunion.  

Super Contributor

Oh yes, Captain Lee.....stud of the sea. I love those quirky sayings he comes up with. I will be watching for sure.

Respected Contributor

I have it set to record.  The chef is fun to watch, no matter who it is.  Those guests are very specific about their food and drink choices.  Perhaps I would be too if I was forking over the cash and tips!  

Respected Contributor

They do have a good looking crew this year.  And a new chef who we haven't seen before.  He sure does keep his kitchen immaculate and so far the guests seem to luv his food.  He seems more creative and intense than the other chefs.  Kate is right - he looks like a cross between Tom Cruise and Hugh Grant - she hit it right on the nose with that one.

Won't give anything away, but the yacht looks beautiful.  Seems more up to date and modern.  Thailand is apparently xtremely HOT and HUMID.  It does take some getting used to.  Water looks beautiful and its gotta be nice and warm.  Gorgeous scenery.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

who has been watching?

i am one episode behind.

episode 3 is on tonight.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I'm watching the repeat right now from last week.  I'm up to date.

I'm liking the chef.  He is a perfectionist.  He is going to have a tough time with the two stews who are not as xperienced in yacht service, as well as Kate for being responsible for the service.

This is one of my fav reality programs at the moment.  Survivor being #1.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing