Respected Contributor

Re: BBC's Emily Maitlis's interview with Prince Andrew

@bikerbabe wrote:
Whoever advised him that this interview was a good idea should probably be fired. I’m not defending him of course. It looks like it’s being pretty universally reported that the interview was a disaster and made him look worse not better.

His PR person resigned two weeks ago, after advising Andy not to do the interview.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

@wildcat fan  O.m,g. not a party prince!  Common knowledge to us ‘lay people’ in U.K.

To mention a few Royals who partied ‘hard’ in London and Europe - Margaret, Andrew, Harry all very much present at the clubs/parties living the good life.  Not to say a bad thing as I am sure we all have partied but to deny it wow!  This interview has done him no good whatever.

@dulwich I like that you sort of have the inside scoop being from the UK.  I've been reading that his interview with BBC has not been well received.  What do you think will become of him now?  Do you think Princess Beatrice's wedding will be affected in some way by all this publicity?  Last I read she may be planning something more low key compared to Eugenie's wedding, but that may just be her personal choice that has nothing to do with all this going on with her father.

Esteemed Contributor

Someone should have told him that we are judged by the company we keep.  Why would he seek company of this pedophile?  This is far worse than “partying.”  And I am so, so sick of the common phrase “I don’t remember.”  What a very sad time for the royal family, particularly his parents. 

Respected Contributor

Situations like this make me understand why some Brits want to lose the royal family. Andrew was so out of touch, so bizarrely entitled that he looked like he couldnt believe he should have to answer questions truthfully. A full-on liar. I've been trained to spot them quite well over the past few years. He needs to go to one of his properties and stay there. After he tells authorities the whereabouts of Ghislaine.
Honored Contributor

I watched the interview too and it was total train wreck.  He's a ridiculous, pompous buffoon of a man who only made his circumstances a thousand times worse than they were before the interview.  I cannot imagine that he agreed to sit for an interview like that without the assistance of a PR team and without practicing but it appears that he wasn't prepared.  It's obvious that he isn't very smart but he thinks he is.  Awful, it was awful.  I can only imagine how the Queen feels,  Charles too for that matter.  

Honored Contributor

Andrew denying he was a partier? Does he think nobody remembers when he was referred to as Randy Andy?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel for the Queen; her sense of duty and honor run very deep and she's surrounded by spoiled idiots who truly don't care. 

I see William following in those footsteps (though her daughter Anne really did have the "right stuff") because everyone else has simply proven to be an embarrassment. Have to say that the Queen and the Queen Mum are and were truly loved by the country despite more and more saying the rest of them are useless. That says something.

As for Fergie and Andrew; in the words of one family member in Sussex: "they deserve each other. Both are an embarrassment to the crown and not worthy of any title. They need to be cut off immediately". A sentiment many agree with.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I watched the interview too and it was total train wreck.  He's a ridiculous, pompous buffoon of a man who only made his circumstances a thousand times worse than they were before the interview.  I cannot imagine that he agreed to sit for an interview like that without the assistance of a PR team and without practicing but it appears that he wasn't prepared.  It's obvious that he isn't very smart but he thinks he is.  Awful, it was awful.  I can only imagine how the Queen feels,  Charles too for that matter.  

@chrystaltree  Yes, how does the Queen feel? It's been said that Andrew is her favorite. You have to wonder what she really thinks about this whole situation. Does she know the truth in her heart, or does she really believe he's innocent? 

As for Charles, I bet he's livid. LIVID. It's been said that the two do not get along. Charles has said that he wants a slimmed down monarchy when he becomes King. I think when Queen Elizabeth passes Charles will cut him loose from any and all royal duties.