Esteemed Contributor

Re: BBC's Emily Maitlis's interview with Prince Andrew

Well, darn, every family has one - if not nuclear family then extended family. We're known by the company we keep and he kept company with Epstein and crew. Hard to defend that. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Whoever advised him that this interview was a good idea should probably be fired. I’m not defending him of course. It looks like it’s being pretty universally reported that the interview was a disaster and made him look worse not better.
Esteemed Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I noticed Fergie is staunchly defending him. I guess she hasn't seen the pics of Andrew from those times with Epstein...*rolls eyes*

My impression is Fergie's defending him because of her daughters and because she wants back in the good graces of the royal family.  Those rumors about the two of them getting back together create positive publicity which he really wants right now.  

In the interview, he said he thinks it's "a bit of a stretch" to refer to him as the "party prince" because he never really had partied in the past.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

Is this the interview where people are saying his body language, specifically his eyes blinking so much indicate he isn't being truthful?

I'm not sure about that @Snowpuppy because I was just listening to it in the background while I worked on other things.  It's on YouTube if you want to check it out.  I just searched for Prince Andrew BBC Interview and it came up.  

Esteemed Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
Whoever advised him that this interview was a good idea should probably be fired. I’m not defending him of course. It looks like it’s being pretty universally reported that the interview was a disaster and made him look worse not better.

I saw that his PR adviser quit a couple of weeks ago.  Some websites are saying he warned Andrew not to do this interview.  

That story about Andrew wanting to break up with JE in person has been mind boggling for me.  After this interview, I'm now wondering if it's really possible to have a sweating disorder that makes you temporarily stop sweating when you're stressed?  He said he didn't sweat back then after serving in the Falklands War, but now he's getting to where he can sweat again. 

Respected Contributor

@wildcat fan  O.m,g. not a party prince!  Common knowledge to us ‘lay people’ in U.K.

To mention a few Royals who partied ‘hard’ in London and Europe - Margaret, Andrew, Harry all very much present at the clubs/parties living the good life.  Not to say a bad thing as I am sure we all have partied but to deny it wow!  This interview has done him no good whatever.

Esteemed Contributor

His answers keep changing.  He says he didn't know about Epstein's behavior, says he doesn't know the girl, then the photo of them together.......then he says he doesn't recall.  Ludicrous!!!!!  Why do so many of people think they can keep lying and we'll believe it.

Respected Contributor

Is it possible the girl could have been photoshopped next to Andrew?  

Esteemed Contributor

He disgusts me.  There's only one reason all these privileged liars were paling around with the pervert Epstein...and we all know what it was. You would think a man with his own daughters would have some decency.

Spoiler

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
QVC Customer Care