Respected Contributor

BBC America Showing The Royal Weddings

In honor of Will and Kate's 10th anniversary on April 29, BBC America is showing the following . . . . . .  

THU, APR 29 6:00PM ET and FRI, APR 30 4:00AM ET

CHARLES AND DIANA'S WEDDING: YOU HAD TO BE THERE

Restored footage of the 1981 wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana Spencer.

THU, APR 29 7:00PM ET and FRI, APR 30 3:00AM ET

KATE: THE MAKING OF A MODERN QUEEN  

The transformation of Kate Middleton from young woman to heir to the title Queen of England.

THU, APR 29 8:00PM ET and FRI, APR 30 2:00AM ET

THE ROYAL WEDDING 2011: PRINCE WILLIAM AND CATHERINE MIDDLETON

A look back on the most memorable sights and sounds of the historic 2011 Royal Wedding.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: BBC America Showing The Royal Weddings

@lmt, Thank you so very much!  I will be recording and watching, to be sure.  Ready for a good cry.

Super Contributor

I recorded it and watched both weddings, hard to believe it has been 10 years for Will & Kate. Such a joyful day.

I watched Charles & Diana’ s wedding with a tinge  of sadness.   It looked like a fairy tale wedding, but wasn’t happily ever after.  To me it looked like Charles never looked at her lovingly.

Esteemed Contributor

@Serena Sue wrote:

I recorded it and watched both weddings, hard to believe it has been 10 years for Will & Kate. Such a joyful day.

I watched Charles & Diana’ s wedding with a tinge  of sadness.   It looked like a fairy tale wedding, but wasn’t happily ever after.  To me it looked like Charles never looked at her lovingly.

@Serena Sue No, he never did look at her with love in his eyes.  Charles is and was such a putz.  Thankfully, she later found her voice and used it for some good.  But it is a shame that she never married a man that adored her.  She deserved to have that kind of happiness.  At least she had two wonderful sons, well one at least, lol.  Not sure what Harry is doing.  I don't think he is sure either.  I think Diana would be quite upset at the tension between her boys, I know I would be.  We all want our offspring to get along when they are adults, even though they go on different paths.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I watched all three programs end enjoyed each one.

I thought Will and Kate's wedding was really beautiful. Her gown, veil, flowers - all were just perfect.

I especially loved the beautiful trees they placed on route to the altar. It really looked lovely. I never knew that after the wedding the trees were planted in Charles' home in Wales.

As the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge celebrate their tenth wedding anniversary on April 29, many fans are looking back at their nuptials. But have you ever wondered what happened to some of their wedding decorations?

Kate and William had always longed for an English country wedding but, knowing it was impossible, decided to bring a flavor of that to the majesty of the abbey.

Instead of lots of floral arrangements, they opted to line the aisle with lush trees that were brought inside the iconic London setting – and later taken back to Prince Charles' home. 

The trees - which can grow up to 50 feet high - did not go to waste, with Prince Charles planting them at the front of his home, Llwynywermod in Wales, two months after the nuptials.

Prince Charles came up with the idea, with William and Kate’s approval, and decided where to plant them – at the front of the house. He is thrilled that the trees, which can live for 200 years and grow up to 50 feet high, have settled so well.

Shane Connolly, Flower Maestro | Church wedding decorations, Tree wedding,  Middleton wedding

Royal wedding 2011: William and Kate set the right tone in Westminster  Abbey | Daily Mail Online

Day of glory: The maples form an avenue of green at the royal wedding at Westminster Abbey on April 29 last year

Putting down roots:The trees are flourishing after being planted at Prince Charles's holiday home in Wales