Honored Contributor

BARBARA STANWYCK MINIFEST FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Three in a row of Stanwyck, three in a row of Fred!

8:00 p.m. Eastern --  "Double Indemnity"  Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwyck, Edward G. Robinson.   The film noir to end all films noir, with three top performers and gallons of steamy, southern Cal. atmosphere.

10:00 p.m. Eastern --  "There's Always Tomorrow".  Barbara Stanwyck, Fred MacMurray, Joan Bennett, Pat Crowley.   Twelve years after "Double Indemnity",  it's a soaper this time, with Fred torn between his neglectful wife (Bennett),  and the charms of exciting, career-driven Babs...

11:45 p.m. Eastern --  "The Moonlighter".  Barbara Stanwyck, Ward Bond.   A Western that is sight unseen, but can anything with Stanwyck and MacMurray be less than fun?

Honored Contributor

Re: BARBARA STANWYCK MINIFEST FRIDAY 8:00 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Oh Lawd.gifI'm gonna overdose on popcorn Popcorn eating.gif& possibly need to detox Friday-Saturday morning....

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

wish I could eat popcorn again. I have to eat that puffed cheesy corn, no kernals. May have to give up strawberries too. Got diverticulosis or litis can't remember which one they found when I had a colonopsy. 90% of the time you don't know the differene, then, you eat some store bought strawberries that are always too green and I'm in a spasm all night

Honored Contributor

And it's about time there were a few good popcorn-tossers on TCM, @Mz iMac !

Oh, that is too bad, @SharkE -- perhaps it's not the substitute you want, but wouldn't really, really good potato chips offer some consolation?  I seem to think there are some excellent 'regional' chip makers in Texas....

Honored Contributor

yeah, all kinds of stuff out there. I got a recipe for caramel corn. OMG !

that is beyond good !  butter and syrup, oh my !   Nope, not chancing it LOL