Honored Contributor

Re: BACHELOR IN PARADISE 2019

I'm not sure Demi will make it to the end without more drama.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I'm not sure Demi will make it to the end without more drama.

@VaBelle35, I agree.  When she was on the Bachelor, I really didn't care for her and I never felt as if she was there for the right reason.  Obviously, she wasn't.

On BIP, at first I was beginning to agree with her when she spoke about Blake/Hannah/Dylan and how Dylan was being hurt seeing those two together.  What she seemed to "selectively" forget is what she is going to be doing to Derek while she and girlfriend stay there.

I see her as a hypocrite and a drama queen.  My hope is that Derek can find true love and someone who will appreciate his goodness.  He took the news well from Demi and she should be grateful for that; it could've been a much worse reaction to the news.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

Oh, the continuing drama.

Hopefully, Demi will find happiness with her choice.  I am reading that after this incident, Derek could be very much in the running to be the next "Bachelor."

Tyler seems to be busy with Gigi, the supermodel, which would leave Peter the pilot also in the running.

....or could it be someone from another season??????

@Mersha, as for Demi, hope she is happy with her decision.  However, knowing how confused she was about her feelings, I really don't think she should've gone on the Bachelor. 

I also feel that the franchise is making a HUGE mistake and setting the precedent for the future by them bringing Demi's girlfriend onto the show.  She was not a contestant ever on the Bachelor and by bringing her on, they are opening the door for the future.

I also think it's very unkind to allow both of them to stay and engage themselves in front of Derek. If Demi had any kind of good feelings about him (and she says she does), she would realize that he will be hurt while they continue their relationship in Paradise. Demi has made her decision and IMO, they should both be sent home. 

I am hoping Derek will be chosen for the next bachelor.  He deserves to find a great partner in life.

@HisElk1 

I think that might be why they are leaving Demi and her significant other there.

Everyone will feel sorry for Derek and when he is announced as the next "Bachelor," it will create a buzz when the show airs in January.

If he is not the next Bachelor, it seems like a very poor choice to have made.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Hopefully, Demi will find happiness with her choice.  I am reading that after this incident, Derek could be very much in the running to be the next "Bachelor."

Tyler seems to be busy with Gigi, the supermodel, which would leave Peter the pilot also in the running.

@Mersha   I thought I read somewhere that Peter had a girlfriend whom he broke up with to be on The Bachelorette. Personally I never liked him. He always seemed so sleazy. I think Derek should be the next Bachelor.

Respected Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

@Mersha, as for Demi, hope she is happy with her decision.  However, knowing how confused she was about her feelings, I really don't think she should've gone on the Bachelor. 

I also feel that the franchise is making a HUGE mistake and setting the precedent for the future by them bringing Demi's girlfriend onto the show.  She was not a contestant ever on the Bachelor and by bringing her on, they are opening the door for the future.

I also think it's very unkind to allow both of them to stay and engage themselves in front of Derek. If Demi had any kind of good feelings about him (and she says she does), she would realize that he will be hurt while they continue their relationship in Paradise. Demi has made her decision and IMO, they should both be sent home. 

I am hoping Derek will be chosen for the next bachelor.  He deserves to find a great partner in life.

@HisElk1   Agreed. Demi should have never gone on The Bachelor and certainly not Bachelor in Paradise. If she was struggling with her feelings that much and wanted to pursue the relationship with Kristian she should have just gone home.

Valued Contributor

First of all I hated this season of the Bachelorette with Hannah B.  I do not think she is close to wanting a real relationship.  I think she went from beauty queen to reality queen as a career choice.  No doubt she will continue being a train wreck on DWTS...I may not watch this season because of her and I have not missed a season.  BIP brought Demi  on board so they could have yet another “story” to tell with the girl on girl love story....ratings.  The rest of the players are the usual non-adults enjoying life on the beach.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think Demi & Christian's relationship is going to last. Trust appears to be bothering Christian.

Respected Contributor

@Gabidog wrote:

First of all I hated this season of the Bachelorette with Hannah B.  I do not think she is close to wanting a real relationship.  I think she went from beauty queen to reality queen as a career choice.  No doubt she will continue being a train wreck on DWTS...I may not watch this season because of her and I have not missed a season.  BIP brought Demi  on board so they could have yet another “story” to tell with the girl on girl love story....ratings.  The rest of the players are the usual non-adults enjoying life on the beach.

@Gabidog, boy, do I ever agree with your post.  We DVR DWTS and may end up FFing through Hannah. After DWTS, I'm sure we'll still continue to see her.  And the longer she stays on, the more $ she'll make.  I'm wondering who will be cheerleading for her in the audience, though.

I just hope the Bachelor franchise isn't going to go the way of 'new stories' with how you put it above 'girl on girl' OR 'boy on boy' love story.  To each their own, but if they do, I'm no longer interested.  It's just not something I want to watch.

I have an acquaintence whose partner is the same sex; he's a nice person, but I don't need to see them making out if you get my drift.

Honored Contributor

@marchingalong123 wrote:

I don't think Demi & Christian's relationship is going to last. Trust appears to be bothering Christian.

One thing Reality Steve keeps reminding everyone about is that we are seeing this in weeks and this stuff is happening in hours/days.  

So Kristian struggling scenes are just hours apart, not weeks apart.

However, Demi's behavior with JPJ just proves she's immature and she does not respect how Kristian feels about all of this.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This whole season is just strange, in my opinion.  Does Chris Harrison really expect us to believe that one day he can talk to Demi about her other girl and then the next day, the girl has been located, been approached by the producers, vetted, cleared it with her job to leave, and arrives on scene in Mexico?  Good grief.  How stupid does he think we are?  This was scripted from the beginning, no doubt.  It's probably not even real (the relationship) -- just an effort to advance someone's social platform.  I wish the whole Bachelor empire would just go away.