Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Sounds like a young woman who got in over her head, and has decided to jump on the me too band wagon

@I am still oxox Yes, it seems like she is trying to equate regret with rape.  

Trusted Contributor

James Franco has also been accused and he sounds gross...pushing women's heads down...need I say more? No and I don't think I can watch his new program hbo or showtime or watch any new movie of his.  

Honored Contributor

Next.....

*tick tock*

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

Ansari released the following statement:

“In September of last year, I met a woman at a party. We exchanged numbers. We texted back and forth and eventually went on a date. We went out to dinner, and afterwards we ended up engaging in sexual activity, which by all indications was completely consensual.  The next day, I got a text from her saying that although ‘it may have seemed OK,’ upon further reflection, she felt uncomfortable. It was true that everything did seem OK to me, so when I heard that it was not the case for her, I was surprised and concerned. I took her words to heart and responded privately after taking the time to process what she had said. I continue to support the movement that is happening in our culture.  It is necessary and long overdue.”

Honored Contributor

Re: Aziz Ansari Accused

[ Edited ]

I think this is going way too far!!  Women are coming out of the woodwork with things that were actually not any type of assault.  They never spoke up at the time which, I don't understand, then they come back years later saying they were assaulted.  If you leave it happen then it's consent (unless it's forceable where it cannot be stopped)!   Many situations are far from wrong on the part of the man.  Women need to take control of what they will and won't do - I always did when anyone tried to grab, paw or push themselves on me whether on a date or in the workplace!!   Men and women often have different views of a date and want different things.  I can't condem any man for trying but it becomes wrong when they persist after being told that behavior is not wanted. This is going to make any male think twice about any type of realtionships and women will be boohooing that they can't find a man!! 

Valued Contributor

I read a news account of this and could not understand why the media would cover this as news and frame her account as misconduct.  It's already been said so well by many on this thread, but I think she's an attention-seeker trying to jump on the MeToo bandwagon.  She makes a mockery of the real problems women in Hollywood, broadcasting, and elsewhere have had making a living. 

At one point, according to the report I saw, she said she indicated with her "body language" that she didn't want to do something.  He didn't force her but only persisted in making advances, which from what I've read she didn't clearly reject.  Who goes to a stranger's apartment after a date, drinks with him, and then doesn't expect him to make a pass? 

Like the few women who've come forward to confess affairs with married men and paint themselves as victims, she tries to present herself as the victim but seems like the victimizer to me.

Trusted Contributor

"You guys are all the (expletive) same!" she cried as she left Ansari's apartment.  Does that sound like the words of someone who has perhaps been in this situation before?  Fool me twice?

I think both Ansari and this woman are both disasters who were doomed the minute they met.  First, I think Ansari has about as much "game" as a 14 year old boy with raging hormones.  He is oblivious to the fact that if a person goes back to another person's apartment at the end of the date, both parties are likely open to the idea of making some kind of physical, romantic connection.  Instead of molesting her and trying to make her molest him the second they got through the door, he could have made drinks, set the mood, and treated her with respect like a lady instead of like she was a gazelle, and he a lion.  The fact that a 34 year old acts like he did is creepy and embarrassing.  He should be ashamed.

As for her, I get that many women are afraid to say, "no" and want everyone to get a long and for things to remain nice, but you have a responsibility to take care of yourself.  I've been in situations where a guy has behaved so abruptly like this, and it is an immediate turn off.  I wouldn't let things proceed in any way whatsoever.  The fact that she engaged in the kind of activities she did with him is mind boggling to me.  If you don't put a halt to someone's behavior and you engage in that behavior, then you are encouraging that behavior.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just a bad hook up. This young lady's actually working against women. I'm compassionate about the rights of all people. Sadly there's always people seeking attention. Celebrities need to be cautious.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

She sounds like a weak-minded fool. She never really communicated to him how she was feeling, instead, she went along with it.

Men can't read minds.

And that is exactly the case with 90% of these scenarios in which the woman suddenly claims sedksual abuse.  They didn't think of it that way when it happend, they were one night stands.  If woman DECIDES to have seks with a guy and acts like she wants and enjoys it, how is the guy supposed to know differently?  I don't think mind reading comes with male genatalia.  I'm not going to go to some site and read her rubbish.  I get the gist of it.  She wants to jump on the gravy train because he's famous and rich and she was hoping for some hush money.  There are a lot of women who did things to further their careers or who were engaged in one night stands but they shouldn't be allowed to claim sekshual abuse years, sometimes decades later just because it makes them feel better about themselves...or because they can make some money.  That's actually a form of abuse against men.

Esteemed Contributor

Here's what I think needs to happen going forward. Boys and girls need to be constantly educated from a very early age as to what their behavior should be when it comes to establishing convictions and behavioral norms. First of all, no matter WHO the agressor is, they need to know that NO job is worth losing your self respect or being demeaned as a human being by anybody. Secondly, when something isn't consensual, NO means NO and should be shouted to the rooftops. No amount of prestige or power on the part of the agressor should stop someone from immediately filing a report and being tested for rape. Every person has to determine at an early age what their personal limits are and stand by them, even if it means causing a scene in public, demanding a change of seats on an airplane, leaving an uncomfortable scene immediately, etc. This has to be pounded into their heads constantly till they are out in the world on their own. And, if you still make bad choices, regardless of which end of the spectrum you are on, it's on YOU. We all have to be diligent in sending this message home repeatedly. NO situation is worth one's loss of self respect, safety, or stability.