Respected Contributor

I just finished watching the butler.very impressive ,especially when my fav,Obama got elected.that brought tears to my eyes now and 2008

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam , Thanks for the review. I googled it and it sounds like something I would enjoy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

I just finished watching the butler.very impressive ,especially when my fav,Obama got elected.that brought tears to my eyes now and 2008

@Luvsmyfam 

What network is airing it now?

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@Luvsmyfam 

What network is airing it now?

@Tinkrbl44- most likely Netflix

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Thank you for posting this.  I remember when this movie was released.  I thought it sounded so good.  I will definitely watch it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

I have watched this movie, The Butler several times, Forest Whitaker who plays Cecil Gaines is an excellent actor.

Honored Contributor

Agreed, @Luvsmyfam --  it's a sensitive, fascinating depiction of the "behind-the-scenes" of dedicated White House workers, and Forest Whitaker gives a very strong, subtle performance. 

The art direction and cinematography were especially good too, I thought, givng the whole movie a kind of 'burnished glow' as it follows historical events, as well as the butler's compelling personal story.

It's a winner!   

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I believe it is showing on showtime2

Valued Contributor

I need to watch it.I liked the latest from Jennifer Hudson and Denzel's son. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, Showtime channels.  

I just looked it up to choose an airing to record.  There are quite a few coming up on the various Showtime channels.

It's been quite a while since I've seen it and all I remember was that it was a really good movie.

Thanks Smiley Happy