Honored Contributor

I just started watching this show, there are ten episodes I have watched three. It stars Hilary Swank and Josh Charles, she is an astronaut going to Mars and leaving her family for three years. It is a joint space mission with the other astronauts from different countries. She has a young daughter of about 14 or so, who would leave their child for that length of time? So far I like the show.

Respected Contributor

Sounds very similar to another Netflix show, Another Life. I only started watching it because I'm a big fan of Katee Sackhoff. I only got through about three episodes - it was terrible. The reviews are bad and yet Netflx gave it a second season. Smiley Surprised

Away sounds a bit better and I have it on my list.

Respected Contributor

Just watched the first episode and liked it. As far as would I do that. No!  I would never be able to be in a confined space for that long and would worry myself sick about family. I would go insane. 

Honored Contributor

I finished watching the show, they left it open for another season.

Honored Contributor

This was a 10 in my book.  Watched the whole thing at one setting.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Away advertised and added it to my list.  Currently I am into the series Offspring (very long).  Silly, dysfunctional family but you get caught up in them and won't leave until it's over.   As for the question about who would leave their child for that length of time...an astronaut who has spent a very long time being trained will most likely put their profession before family.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Has anyone heard if there will be a second season, they left the door open for one?

Regular Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma   I LOVE Offspring!!!
i am enjoying this series so much.