Occasional Contributor

Austin Big Brother Questions Hey Gardenman

Hi Gardeman, I don't know if you or anybody else has info on this or can answer my questions. I thought I read somewhere and maybe you posted it that CBS wanted Austin on BB last year but he didn't do it because his girlfriend didn't want him too. Does he still have that girlfriend/ Also my sister said she heard or read Austin was on Disability so how can he be on BB. 

I really do want JohnnyMac to win but believe Vanessa is playing the best game and deserves to win. I just want Austin and the twins gone and hated to see James go. 

Either James or JohnnyMac will get my favoirte player award votes. 

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on the Austin questions. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Austin Big Brother Questions Hey Gardenman

@lionlady8853 wrote:

Hi Gardeman, I don't know if you or anybody else has info on this or can answer my questions. I thought I read somewhere and maybe you posted it that CBS wanted Austin on BB last year but he didn't do it because his girlfriend didn't want him too. Does he still have that girlfriend/ Also my sister said she heard or read Austin was on Disability so how can he be on BB. 

I really do want JohnnyMac to win but believe Vanessa is playing the best game and deserves to win. I just want Austin and the twins gone and hated to see James go. 

Either James or JohnnyMac will get my favoirte player award votes. 

Thanks to anyone who can shed light on the Austin questions. 

Yeah, Austin made it all the way to preshow sequester last year, then opted out when his girlfriend (Jen?) begged him not to do it.. Hayden took his place. He had the girlfriend prior to entering the house, but I'm guessing she's long gone now. Austin was on disability due to a hip injury (I believe) that he had surgically repaired, but it prevented him from earning a living as a professional wrestler. (One could argue that his ability also kept him from earning a living as a wrestler, but that might be too cruel.) He now seems to have recovered from the surgery and is hoping to use BB as a springboard back into professional wrestling.

The good news is we lose a twin tomorrow night. I think the game speeds up after this week too and we'll lose another houseguest early next week. We've only got two weeks left and six houseguests, so it's time to hit the gas pedal and get things moving. If memory serves me right, we'll have an eviction on Monday/Tuesday this coming week, then another on Thursday, then the final three fight it out in the last week and ultimately the final two on finale night.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

G'man, as long as you're being the answer man do you have any information on the missing robot? Julia says it's hers and Meg stole it. She said she's going to go through Meg's suitcase and take it back. I don't know what she's talking about and thought maybe you could shed some light on Robotgate. 

Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

G'man, as long as you're being the answer man do you have any information on the missing robot? Julia says it's hers and Meg stole it. She said she's going to go through Meg's suitcase and take it back. I don't know what she's talking about and thought maybe you could shed some light on Robotgate. 

I have no idea. My best guess is that it was a prop from production and production reclaimed it. I'm pretty sure Meg didn't steal anything.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Trusted Contributor

JohnnyMac and James where my favorites this year.  Both are real characters.  

Trusted Contributor

Gardenman - Thanks for keeping us straight and sharing your insight on BB.  I look for threads every week.

Honored Contributor

This is about Austin and his hip operation.  Last night I was watching POP100 late night (until 2:00AM) live and he was talking about the operation and the fact that he couldn't wrestle and she brought up about him being dropped by WW (whatever it is) and he said he felt like he got 'thrown under the bus' and that it wasn't as big of an operation as reported bla bla.  Then it was as if a switch went off and he said, "I'm not supposed to talk about it" (and changed the subject).

I had to switch over for a few minutes because he was laying on her, got under the covers and was kissing, ugh!  I cannot stand him.

I've always loved Steve (who's really smart on this game) and Johnny Mac.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenman wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

I have no idea. My best guess is that it was a prop from production and production reclaimed it. I'm pretty sure Meg didn't steal anything.

Thanks for your reply. I've heard her bring it up a few times now. Apparently it went missing after Meg was evicted. I still have no idea where it came from, or where it went, but I think that's a good guess about it being a prop. Maybe it came from a comp or something. Anyway, the twins are being really childish about it but that's nothing new! 

Honored Contributor

They're twins.  I have to admit I don't remember knowing any identical twins but just regular twins will always stick together when it's like this (makes sense).

You could always tell how close they are from the beginning.  I think their reaction is pretty much what was expected.  It was just a matter of time before they turned on him.  I'm surprised the other twin backed off as much as she did.

I've heard them making fun of him many times and the one asking about how he kisses and the other one talking about how gross it is and so sloppy, etc.

Not surprised at all.

Respected Contributor

if you watch clips on cbs when Jeff does Meg's exit interview for the little gift he gives each hg at the end of the interview he gives Meg a little robot but I never saw the one they're talking about her taking.