Esteemed Contributor

Aurora Teagarden Mysteries -Something New

[ Edited ]

Hallmark is continuing this series with a new cast. The new epsiode is starting  on the 9th of June @9pm ET.  Should be interesting.

It appears that Marilu Henner is still in the casts. They just showed more previews.

Honored Contributor

Re: Aurora Teagarden Mysteries -Something New

With the Writers' Strike.......I can't imagine WHAT they will come up with

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

It looks like this one is set up as a prequel to all the other movies—I guess we'll see how it goes...

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi - The script for this new movie was probably written long before the current writers' strike.

I saw a trailer for it and I'm wondering who's taken the role of Aurora since Candace Cameron Bure left to go to GAC.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info. I really liked all the movies. Someone named Skyler Samuels is replacing Candice as Aurora. We'll see how this goes.

Honored Contributor

I'm sort of looking forward to it. The series never closely followed the books anyway, so as long as they're going off in different directions, why not a prequel. Bure was hardly a great actress and I certainly won't miss her last love interest, who wasn't major in the books anyway, in fact, not sure he was there at all, so it'll be interesting to see how the new group pans out. I also won't miss her bestie, Sally, who was not only an oft times annoying character but not such a talented actress. The cop with the burr up her butt and her wimp of a husband, who was Aurora's former boyfriend, had pretty much also run their course, as had her step brother, who was far older in the series than in the books. Incidentally, in the books, the setting was in Georgia, not the Pacific Northwest, and the southern vibe made a difference in how the stories unfolded. She also married Martin and they moved into the Julius House (where she discovered the bodies in the attic) but he had his secrets and is later killed. She then resumes her relationship with Robin, the writer, they marry and have a child. The books were really good while the series was essentially passable entertainment. Will plan to watch the new episode.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Our new tv setup does t get Hallmark M &M channel, only the other one. I asked specifically about it before whe signed up and was told yes, but....

Honored Contributor

I recorded it and just finished watching it.  I liked it very much!  I think it was a great idea to bring it back as a prequel.  

I hope the writer's strike is over soon.  I'll be interested in seeing this continue.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack  I was pleasantly surprised as I liked it too.  And, wow Marilu Henner doesn't age.

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@NickNack  I was pleasantly surprised as I liked it too.  And, wow Marilu Henner doesn't age.

@colleena   I know!  I thought the same thing about Marilu Henner.  She looks great.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau