Honored Contributor

I was just thinking I hope one of the movie channels has this on during the holiday season. While not strictly a Christmas movie, I always think of it that way. Rosalind Russell was wonderful in that role, and it was an all around funny and feel good movie. Any other fans out there ? 🎄

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I always confuse Hello Dolly and Mame.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely adore this movie and will never miss when on. ❤️👍

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I was just thinking I hope one of the movie channels has this on during the holiday season. While not strictly a Christmas movie, I always think of it that way. Rosalind Russell was wonderful in that role, and it was an all around funny and feel good movie. Any other fans out there ? 🎄

@QVCkitty1   It has been on the Movies channel recently, several times. wonderful movie.

Honored Contributor

Well I did some sleuthing and  it's on TCM Wed. the eleventh ( this  week ) at 5:30. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I am a huge fan of Auntie Mame starring Rosalind Russell, and watch it several times a year on DVD, but never thought of watching it this time of year. It makes sense though, because of the scene where her future husband Beauregard Burnside "saves" Christmas for her. Although I love Lucille Ball in almost every movie and sitcom she starred in, I was not wild about her portrayal of Mame. The production, direction, and acting was lackluster to me. I discovered this movie when I was in my thirties thanks to TCM, and it has been enjoyed by my family and me ever since.

~~~All we need is LOVEđź’–

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I am a huge fan of Auntie Mame starring Rosalind Russell, and watch it several times a year on DVD, but never thought of watching it this time of year. It makes sense though, because of the scene where her future husband Beauregard Burnside "saves" Christmas for her. Although I love Lucille Ball in almost every movie and sitcom she starred in, I was not wild about her portrayal of Mame. The production, direction, and acting was lackluster to me. I discovered this movie when I was in my thirties thanks to TCM, and it has been enjoyed by my family and me ever since.

~~~All we need is LOVEđź’–

Yes, no offense to Lucy fans, but she is not Mame. 

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 -

I love that movie too!

And the song"We need a Little Christmas" is one of my favorites!

I did props for that musical in collegeSmiley Happy!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I enjoy this movie.  My favorite part is when Mame's friends mistakes the nice girl for the girlfriend and finds out its the other girl her response is "pitty"  that cracks me up everytime.  

Honored Contributor

Life is a banquet and most poor SOB's are starving to death!!

Leonard Maltin said Lucy was a terrible Mame, gave it a BOMB rating!!! But Bea Arthur was prefect for her role as Vera.