Honored Contributor

@Judaline  The Norwegian Embassy is in D.C. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@ judeline: Where do you think the Norwegian Embassy is?  As far as I know, all embassies in U.S. are in D.C.

Honored Contributor

Norwegian Embassies aren't found just in DC. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Judaline  The Norwegian Embassy is in D.C. whistling.gif

Oh, duh. I knew that!!!!! Actually I didn't even think of that. Thanks

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Norwegian Embassies aren't found just in DC. 

I always thought we had embassies in different countries? In fact I know we do.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@birdQ13 wrote:
Great series! Thoroughly enjoyed the production, the story, & learning more about Norway & the war. My husband & I are hoping to visit the statute of Princess Martha in DC soon. It's always stunning the changes caused by war.

OMgosh, here it is. I had no idea! FDR must have really liked her! Wait, he was probably gone by the time they put this up, right?

I've lived in DC since 1982 and had no idea.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

In the US, there are embassies in NY  and DC.

At present, 178 nations maintain diplomatic missions to the United States in the capital, Washington, D.C. Eight nations also attribute their missions at the United Nations in New York City as their official embassies to the United States. However, only those offices in New York City that serve as an official diplomatic mission to the United States are listed here.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I found their method of waving quite odd. Anyone notice and think it odd as well?

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I found their method of waving quite odd. Anyone notice and think it odd as well?

I'm glad you said that-it drove me crazy. Does the whole country do that? VERY peculiar. When I posted her picture (statue) there it was!!! The wave!!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I'm glad you said that-it drove me crazy. Does the whole country do that? VERY peculiar. When I posted her picture (statue) there it was!!! The wave!!!!!

@Judaline @occasionalrain  Queen Elizabeth does this also. Royalty has to wave so much they keep it slow and with as little strain or movement as possible to keep from hurting the wrist.