Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen Kyle MacLachlan in a long time. Was he made up to look older or does he look like that these days?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline  Kyle looked the same.

As FDR

proxy-image.png

666.webp

TV makeup/camera lighting/filters made him looked younger than his real self! Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac Wow, thanks. He sure was good in this, wasn't he? He actually looked too young for FDR. I wasn't sure if he was that old looking but I see he is actually older looking IRL.

Esteemed Contributor

Believe it or not but FDR was in his early to mid sixties when he passed!

Valued Contributor
Great series! Thoroughly enjoyed the production, the story, & learning more about Norway & the war. My husband & I are hoping to visit the statute of Princess Martha in DC soon. It's always stunning the changes caused by war.
Honored Contributor

@birdQ13 wrote:
Great series! Thoroughly enjoyed the production, the story, & learning more about Norway & the war. My husband & I are hoping to visit the statute of Princess Martha in DC soon. It's always stunning the changes caused by war.

OMgosh, here it is. I had no idea! FDR must have really liked her! Wait, he was probably gone by the time they put this up, right?

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed this series very much, however, I was a little disappointed with the scene when she went to see FDR and he was obviously so very sick and close to death.  I just wish she would have went over to him and expressed some more emotion.  Thanking him for all he has done for her and her country and for their wonderful friendship.  I did not like how she sat with her back to him.  This maybe would not have been realistic but I found it rather cold.  He was so good to her and her children.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals   She sat with her back to  him because it was indicated he  didn't want anyone to see him in such a haggard, bedridden  condition.

So, she wanted to honor his wish and still  let him know  she cared.

That scene was quick so it was easy to miss the prior dialogue leading up to that scene.

I really  enjoyed this  seriees annd recorded it so I can  watch  it again  later in the yeear.

aro3435

Washington,  DC

Esteemed Contributor

Martha's statue at the Norwegian Embassy was unveiled and dedicated in 2005.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Martha's statue at the Norwegian Embassy was unveiled and dedicated in 2005.

A poster said it was in DC. Are there two?