Honored Contributor

@Judaline  ThankYou-smiley.giffor that link.  I bookmarked it for future references.

I was dumbfounded when I saw that submarine pop up in NY.  That was a wtf moment for me.  I thought the writers went to far this time!  Boy was I wrong about that.  And it wasn't the first time it happened. Smiley Surprisedfaint.gif

FDR was a bonifide "Playa"  who had it going on from a wheel chair at that!  I bet many a men watching this series are taking notes. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  I only heard about the sub about 10 years ago. I asked people why there wasn't any talk about it, but they didn't know about it either. All I heard was 'a submarine was sited off the coast of Long Island.' Evidently it was old news and everyone who knew it didn't make much of it. I thought it was pretty scary that it could reach our shores and why wasn't our country on alert at that time? Guess FDR was distracted.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Judaline  ThankYou-smiley.giffor that link.  I bookmarked it for future references.

I was dumbfounded when I saw that submarine pop up in NY.  That was a wtf moment for me.  I thought the writers went to far this time!  Boy was I wrong about that.  And it wasn't the first time it happened. Smiley Surprisedfaint.gif

FDR was a bonifide "Playa"  who had it going on from a wheel chair at that!  I bet many a men watching this series are taking notes. whistling.gif

Wasn't he pretty old at the time? Seems like.

Esteemed Contributor

FDR died in his mid 60s.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline   Princess & FDRproxy-image.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Judaline   Princess & FDRproxy-image.jpg

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll bet that's a pretty rare photo.

Respected Contributor

The actress playing Eleanor Roosevelt on this show looks more like Mamie Eisenhower than she does Eleanor.

Respected Contributor

I love this program and I think the acting is wonderful.  I love PBS anything basically.

Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

The actress playing Eleanor Roosevelt on this show looks more like Mamie Eisenhower than she does Eleanor.

For real! 

And FDR wished he was as good looking as Kyle McLaughlin.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed the finale especially the scenes where they mixed the "real" movies & photos of the royal family as they were returning to Norway.  Also, the scenes at the very end & during the credit roll.