Honored Contributor

If she has Comcast, she can watch it free On Demand.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always watched PBS (both on direct tv and DISH) and have never donated.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 ...We downloaded the PBS App and I've been watching it that way. We have an Amazon firestick that we use. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

If she has Comcast, she can watch it free On Demand.

@occasionalrain 

yes, she has comcast, but i am only seeing two episodes that are free......episodes 4 and 5. all other episodes on demand (episodes 1 - 3) say BUY HD $2.99

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

I've always watched PBS (both on direct tv and DISH) and have never donated.

we have PBS stations, but she wants to watch it from the beginning and our on demand has half of the episodes for purchase and not for free. i may have to just tell her to buy the ones she hasnt seen and then start recording the episodes.

when i checked it out online via the pbs website it says to donate a yearly amount OR donate $5 a month to watch the episodes via MPT (maryland public television.)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Atlantic Crossing

[ Edited ]

@daisyk wrote:

@sunshine45 ...We downloaded the PBS App and I've been watching it that way. We have an Amazon firestick that we use. 

will try it that way maybe......she has a firestick and a roku.

i tried accessing it via the amazon prime app and it wants me to subscribe to PBS MASTERPIECE for $5.99 a month to watch it for free.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  It's on both MPT 22 and WETA 26 in the DC area if either of those stations are available to your mom... I would guess it can be viewed on demand or maybe by now they're offering multiple showings. I gave up on it because of the subtitles, among other reasons.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@sunshine45  It's on both MPT 22 and WETA 26 in the DC area if either of those stations are available to your mom... I would guess it can be viewed on demand or maybe by now they're offering multiple showings. I gave up on it because of the subtitles, among other reasons.

@steviebyes, we get those channels here. i guess i am just trying to find a way where she doesnt have to pay to watch the first 3 episodes. they are on on demand, but they are not currently free.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45  You can watch all episodes for FREE on the PBS website.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@sunshine45  You can watch all episodes for FREE on the PBS website.

@Mz iMac 

when i try to access episode one, this is what i get.....

MPTPassport

This video is only available in MPT Passport.

MPT Passport is an added membership benefit that provides extended access to quality PBS streaming video.

it asks me to become a member or sign in.

or it says i can buy now from amazon, itunes, or dvd.