Honored Contributor

No surprise, an unneeded sex scene was thrown into it. 

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Yeah, guess they're afraid nobody will tune in if they  don't have at least one. Pathetic, ain't it?

Esteemed Contributor

I am Norwegian and enjoying it alot ....loved the scenery

and the history involved.............

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Wasn't there an earlier one, also?  They were on a train in a private rail-car or something near the beginning of the series.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 

I must have missed that one. Perhaps PBS is trying to keep up, as best they can, with Netflix. Unfortunately, neither the Prince nor Princess are hot, more like a friend's parents, embarrassing.

Super Contributor

Are there subtitles in this or is it all in English. Subtitles are really distracting to me.

Honored Contributor

@Shiloh09 wrote:

Are there subtitles in this or is it all in English. Subtitles are really distracting to me.

It's both. When they are in Norway they speak their language and we see subtitles. In the US they mostly speak English-even the kids are learning.

Honored Contributor

I'm still enjoying it.  I thought this week's episode was very interesting.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@Ainhisg 

.@Ainhisg wrote:

Yes!  It's a little slow sometimes, but I am really enjoying learning about this segment of history.  My husband is even watching it with me.

I was 4 years old at the time.  I remember when my Father enlisted for the war.  He was gone a few years  Came home once when just before going overseas.  In the infantry. Never spoke about the war.  I was 8 when it ended.

A little history. My Grandmother was not a citizen yet,so because of that, she could not go out before sunrise and had to be in before sunset. She was from Italy and of course, Mussolini was with Hitler, so Italians didn't have it as bad as the Japenese, but they also had curfews.  Didn't matter that she had a son fighting for America.  Also I remember the air raids we went through in SF.  Also all school children had to wear dog tags around our necks in case we were bombed, so we could be identified. I still have mine.

Those poor young men and women fought to save America and look at the mess we are in today.  I cry every time, nothing changed,

Honored Contributor

any way to watch this for free or do you have to "donate" to PBS to have this service? my mom wants to watch it.....

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein