Honored Contributor

Watched last night and, while it wasn't bad, it was nothing to write home about. The translations were annoying and none of the characters appealing. Still, the historical aspect was enough to hold my interest.

If you saw it, what did you think of it?

Honored Contributor

It wasn't on here but had it been I'd have given it a shot. As far as I'm concerned, PBS in my regions is batting near zero and has been for some time.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I found it interesting enough to watch another episode.  The one I was really interested in was the show after that.  Forgot what it was called but another WW II story.  I fell asleep during it, not because I was uninterested but I had not slept well the night before and just nodded off.  I will give both programs another chance next week.

Respected Contributor

I actually thought it was excellent. For those that didn’t see it, it’s a story about World War II inspired by actual events. The first episode focused on the crown prince and princess of Norway and their family as Germany is about to invade. She eventually is able to get to the US, and I think most of the series will be about this. 

Honored Contributor

@naturalfan 

It's World On Fire, or something like that. It was shown last year and I'd seen it then. I liked it but, the editing made it a bit jumpy.

Respected Contributor

I also thought the show was excellent. A dark and scary period of history that literally happened overnight. I'm curious to see how the rest of the series develops.

Esteemed Contributor

DH and I really enjoyed this this episode of eight..  Eventually Crown Princess Martha ends up living in the White House.  I love WWII history and am familiar with this part of history.  We are looking forward to the other episodes.

Respected Contributor

Just watched recording and I enjoyed it - looking forward to next week.

Must comment when German planes coming why do they all run out of house into middle of road- sitting ducks - then they run,  not a good way to evade bring shot!

Honored Contributor

My guess, they expected the house to be bombed so they ran outside but, because they hadn't a plan, they just went rogue running about. 

I don't care for subtitles. While reading them, I miss the action that's going on screen. I also found the attempts to make the prince likable, charming, relatable missed the mark by a mile. 

Honored Contributor

I really liked it. Why were the Nazis so bent on killing civilians? The planes kept turning around and took another try at trying to kill people. And why are they looking for the Prince and Princess? What did they ever do to them? (I am not familiar with this part of history). I hope before it all ends they get the rotten Nazi who killed the dog.