Honored Contributor

Check !

Respected Contributor

well, they have to be delusional too, cause I dont understand how HW could think anyone would want to see him without clothes on ~!

Trusted Contributor

@meem120

But again...see...it’s not about what HW or any of the others like him think what someone would want, or that they even THINK about what they look like.

It’s power and the incessant need to be admired and worshiped. Even if they have to get it by force. And they feel more empowered when it works for them and the cycle continues. 

Most of these people are also surrounded by enablers. 

Respected Contributor

@meem120Because, on the other side of that are the women that did act like they wanted to see all that nekkid.

We all know that there are people out there that are using any means possible to get ahead. To make it in whatever business, not just show business. 

It's a weird world.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ashley Judd interview

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

@Nancy Drew

Just because someone has “power”does not mean they are brave.

Safety in numbers,

Just like the perpetrators and their enablers. 

Regular Contributor

I am all for female empowerment and equality for women. However, Rose McGowen took a payoff to keep quiet. Why is it then OK for her to speak out?  I highly doubt that there was a statute of limitations on her time to keep quiet. Several others who received payoffs also came forward.  

I am in no way condoning HW's behavior or any other person's similar behavior at any time. But, I do agree with the person who said "Why did they all agree to go to his hotel room for a meeting?"  If it is a professional meeting, it should have been done at the office with a manager or attorney present.  These women did not use their brains too well. Also, if they had heard about HW's "bad behavior" from others, why perpetuate it by putting themselves in a potenially similar situation?  Career or not, self-respect should be paramount. These women must have had very low self-esteem and no self-respect. 

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:
Spoiler

Rose Mc Gowan seems to be the real hero here. Ashley Judd tried to come off as some women’s warrior when if fact she blew no whistle until 2017. She has always been the daughter of a rich and famous women. She has had power for decades now. She isn’t alone. All these rich and famous people just coming out in 2017. I watched them all for decades on the entertainment shows, morning shows, people magazine, rallies....etc. They never interrupted the interview to say I just want to bring to light about what is going on.

This is exactly why so many women (not just "rich and famous") don't speak out.  They feel vulnerable; they won't be believed; they will be made victims all over again and they have a very real fear of physical harm.

Every one of these women speaking out now deserves support, not condemnation for "not speaking out sooner" or implying that their wealth and fame makes them any different in such a situation.

A woman alone with a powerful man (physically and figuratively) who was clearly a bully and lured women to somewhere alone with him so he could assault them?  And are you sure you'd be so brave that you'd have done any differently?  They were young.

Most of these women did tell someone - but nothing was done about it, because Harvey Weinstein was so powerful and was well-known by men to be a nasty, foul-tempered bully.  The women were told "to keep it quiet", especially if they valued any future career.

Women in every sphere of life are subjected to this harassment; it isn't just the "rich and famous".  And they are all afraid of the same thing; losing a job they need.  Not being able to pay their bills.  Being blacklisted.

Everyone who was complicit in this silencing is guilty. The women who were victims and have now found courage enough to speak up, are not.

Why do women find it so easy to blame the women who are victims?  No wonder they keep their secrets to themselves.  SMH.

Super Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:
Spoiler

Rose Mc Gowan seems to be the real hero here. Ashley Judd tried to come off as some women’s warrior when if fact she blew no whistle until 2017. She has always been the daughter of a rich and famous women. She has had power for decades now. She isn’t alone. All these rich and famous people just coming out in 2017. I watched them all for decades on the entertainment shows, morning shows, people magazine, rallies....etc. They never interrupted the interview to say I just want to bring to light about what is going on.

This is exactly why so many women (not just "rich and famous") don't speak out.  They feel vulnerable; they won't be believed; they will be made victims all over again and they have a very real fear of physical harm.

Every one of these women speaking out now deserves support, not condemnation for "not speaking out sooner" or implying that their wealth and fame makes them any different in such a situation.

A woman alone with a powerful man (physically and figuratively) who was clearly a bully and lured women to somewhere alone with him so he could assault them?  And are you sure you'd be so brave that you'd have done any differently?  They were young.

Most of these women did tell someone - but nothing was done about it, because Harvey Weinstein was so powerful and was well-known by men to be a nasty, foul-tempered bully.  The women were told "to keep it quiet", especially if they valued any future career.

Women in every sphere of life are subjected to this harassment; it isn't just the "rich and famous".  And they are all afraid of the same thing; losing a job they need.  Not being able to pay their bills.  Being blacklisted.

Everyone who was complicit in this silencing is guilty. The women who were victims and have now found courage enough to speak up, are not.

Why do women find it so easy to blame the women who are victims?  No wonder they keep their secrets to themselves.  SMH.

I could not agree with you more.  In light of what's been happening in the news of late, I find myself getting more and more agitated.  Many women, myself included, have been victims of this disgusting behavior.  To be honest, I had almost forgotten about it, as what happened to me was over 30 years ago.  But with the recent revelations, I find that I am reliving it.  And I am angry.  All of us, man or woman, should be able to do our jobs without dealing with this nonsense.

Just today, I was having my hair done and my stylist told me about how she was harassed by a male customer just this week.  She is young and she didn't know how to respond.  This behavior is infuriating.  I have no patience for it and I have even less patience for women who excuse this behavior.  Honestly, have these women no daughters, nieces or female friends?  It is inexplicable.

Most of the men I know, including my husband, do not behave this way and they are also disgusted by this behavior.  Why, then, are too many women not willing to call this behavior out as well?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ashley Judd interview

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:
Spoiler

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.