Contributor

Re: Armie Hammer ,Can you watch an actor that has

Anybody can say anything about anybody else.  I wouldn't condemn someone just in case they did something that's not been proven.  

Honored Contributor

Yes I can.  I separate their personal life from their professional life.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I can admit someone is very talented who has skeletons in his/her closet, but I won't watch them anymore if I find out it's true.

I don't think many celebrities are worthy of the worship they receive, so they are of no interest to me.   

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Wow!  I didn't know that about Anne Perry.  I've read many, many of her books and enjoyed them.  Will continue to do so. 

I just "googled" her.  She committed the murder at the age of 15, served 5 years in prison and changed her name.  Everyone deserves a second chance, IMO.

I believe non-violent crimes deserve a second chance.  Anne Perry and her friend beat a woman to death with a brick.  I would have left her locked up.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@kaydee50 wrote:

Wow!  I didn't know that about Anne Perry.  I've read many, many of her books and enjoyed them.  Will continue to do so. 

I just "googled" her.  She committed the murder at the age of 15, served 5 years in prison and changed her name.  Everyone deserves a second chance, IMO.

I believe non-violent crimes deserve a second chance.  Anne Perry and her friend beat a woman to death with a brick.  I would have left her locked up.

@alicedee @kaydee50  I too believe in second chances but  not always. Depends on the circumstances and what really happened. Most of the time in the case of murder I don't. And this is one of those cases. Just my opinion of course.

Honored Contributor

I start out watching a TV show or movie, not usually a specific actor. If the show or movie is good then usually that's the top criteria. If, over time, an actor's personal foibles get to be enough of a turn off then yes, there have been times I'd stop watching shows or movies featuring them. Likewise, on those occasions when the actor is the draw by virtue of being a personal favorite, then I'm in for their talent, not their personal life. If and when their personal life becomes a huge turn off then yes, I'll sometimes stop watching them.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

It depends, but I definitely won't ever watch a Mel Gibson movie.   He disgusts me.  

Respected Contributor

Not really because of allegations, but I can't watch Tom Cruise cause he is straight up goofy!

And, I don't watch Angelina Jolie because I think she is like a black widow spider.

I think those are the only 2 I really take a stand on.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

Alligations against them , founded or not  , in a series or movie , or is a turn off.?I am trying to watch House of Cards , and it is hard to get past Kevin Spacey , even though he is a great actor. In the case of Armie Hammer it is some strange stuff coming out about him , if it is true can you watch any thing with him in it ? In his case i don't think there has been any person saying he has abused them. Just stange things like Cannalbism , and today video of him drinking while driving and licking a white powder off a man's hand. I would think his reps or he would have immediently denied these things or it is a joke.

@MW in Iowa 

Well, since I have no idea who Armie Hammer is, or what they've done, an "allegation"  doesn't mean anything. 

My guess is if you were accused of some ridiculous "rumors",  you would hope people who knew you wouldn't believe them.  Strangers, like you, might.

Cannabalism?   Really?    Good grief.

Esteemed Contributor

I can separate the persons art or performance from knowledge about their personal life. I can appreciate the work of Mel Gibson, Michael Jackson, Tiger Woods, Matt Lauer, Kevin Spacey, and even Woody Allen-----while also not respecting their personal behaviors.