Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Armie Hammer ,Can you watch an actor that has

Alligations against them , founded or not  , in a series or movie , or is a turn off.?I am trying to watch House of Cards , and it is hard to get past Kevin Spacey , even though he is a great actor. In the case of Armie Hammer it is some strange stuff coming out about him , if it is true can you watch any thing with him in it ? In his case i don't think there has been any person saying he has abused them. Just stange things like Cannalbism , and today video of him drinking while driving and licking a white powder off a man's hand. I would think his reps or he would have immediently denied these things or it is a joke.

Honored Contributor

Re: Armie Hammer ,Can you watch an actor that has

'Allegations' against anyone are not valid until they're proven to be fact.

Anyone can 'accuse' someone of anything, that doesn't make it true.

I believe in innocent, till proven guilty.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Since I don't keep up on all the Hollywood gossip, I'm sure I watch actors with allegations against them.

Respected Contributor

No do agree about being proven guilty first , Shia Lebouf is the other one , that Netflix took all reference out of movie advertisement with his name, and those alligations have not been proven either.

Esteemed Contributor

Some allegations came from his Ex-Wife per a source. 

I don't keep up with Hollywood  news because I think most of the actors are  hypocrites  .

Respected Contributor

I can no longer watch Kevin Spacey. I loved House of Cards but I was finished with it before he left.

A better example for me was the books of Anne Perry - the mystery writer of the William Monk and Thomas Pitt series. Once I learned that she had been convicted and imprisoned for the murder of a friend's mother I could just no longer read her books. Some other crime might not have affected me like that, but murder - no way. That crime inspired the movie Heavenly Creatures.

Honored Contributor

I don't pay much attention to Hollywood and actors.  Just not something I'm interested in.

I haven't been to the movies in years and often haven't a clue who these people are when I see their names here.

What caught my attention -  his name "Armie Hammer."  Sounds like he found his name on a bottle of "Arm & Hammer" detergent!

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

I can no longer watch Kevin Spacey. I loved House of Cards but I was finished with it before he left.

A better example for me was the books of Anne Perry - the mystery writer of the William Monk and Thomas Pitt series. Once I learned that she had been convicted and imprisoned for the murder of a friend's mother I could just no longer read her books. Some other crime might not have affected me like that, but murder - no way. That crime inspired the movie Heavenly Creatures.

@froggy   All I can say is I agree with you so much regarding Anne Perry. I would never read one of her books.

Honored Contributor

It depends. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!  I didn't know that about Anne Perry.  I've read many, many of her books and enjoyed them.  Will continue to do so. 

I just "googled" her.  She committed the murder at the age of 15, served 5 years in prison and changed her name.  Everyone deserves a second chance, IMO.