Honored Contributor

Re: Aretha Franklin's family wasn't consulted on the National Geographic project

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@sunshine45Yes Ma'am!  I can't wait for that one with Jennifer Hudson.

They should have consulted the family on this Nat Geo project, though.

I was wondering where this one came from.  I had heard of the jennifer Hudson one and then all of a sudden this one appears.  I have not watched this one.  However looking forward to Jennifer Hudson version.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Aretha Franklin's family wasn't consulted on the National Geographic project

@sunshine45 wrote:

just a FYI for those watching the series SOUL OF A NATION and who enjoy CYNTHIA ERIVO.....

she will be performing on tonights episode which features comedy and music and how they have been used in hard times.

ABC 10pm et.

I'll watch whatever I can that does not include Erivo!  It's in direct competition with the National Geographic offering of Aretha though NatGeo has been repeating the episodes back to back the same night!

The rest is a go!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Alter Ego wrote:

This post has made me Google so much!!!

I just found out the story of how Erivo got the Aretha part - seems innocent enough to me (so maybe there’s another rumor out there, but the explanation I found seems very plausible.)

I also googled why people don’t like Erivo...and I understand why some people feel so intensely about her. I would like to hope that after playing such important American figures, that she has learned how hurtful and ignorant she was.

@Alter Ego You've got way more work to do if you truly want to understand why "I" dislike her.  That would mean getting to know me!  That's not possible, but you gave it a good go!  Thanks for your thoughtful input.

@Alter Ego 

Oh, brother .... That would seem like a huge waste of time, IMO.